Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Are / were any of the CYOA's written in GBS (I think they were popular for a time? I recall one where the goons played as an Ork on a Space Hulk and one where we were a roman senator) any good, and also actually completed instead of being abandoned?

(Note that I'm very much not talking about the illustrated stuff that ended up on the front page a while back)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Thanks. I'm rather more interested in reading good CYOA's that were actually completed than in participating in currently running ones.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fedule posted:

I am greatly enjoying Lt. Danger's Mass Effect 3 LP, mostly on account of its highly analytical commentary, focusing on story themes and game design elements etc as they come up in the game rather than just being an "Informative LP" (not that an "informative LP" is a bad thing, but this is something else).

Besides recommending it here, I'd also like to know if there are any other particularly good LPs out there in the same vein.
Scorch's KotR 2 LP is probably the best known example of interestingly analytical (it's pretty much one of the best SSLP's, period). I believe that the Heavy Rain LP from a while back also had sections about David Cage and everything wrong with his design philosophy? There are a lot of LP's that go out of their way to expand and "inform" on real life issues the game touches upon, but that's not quite game design elements.