Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Read things before you post. Lots of things. For a long while.

Then post.

Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Well, let's see here, you've got a few things going for you:
  • You know how to use punctuation.
  • You actually use said punctuation.
  • You didn't post immediately after registering.
  • No catchphrases or silly internet jabber.

Congrats! You're better than most new arrivals, at least the visible ones that post immediately and don't know what's going on. Sadly, your recommendation sounds like precisely the sort of LPer that is not quite entirely appreciated fully in these parts and thereby shows a lack of awareness of the sub-forum environment. Hence my suggestion.

This is all not to say that you cannot become a respected member of the community, (Note, there are no respected members, only those slightly less made-fun-of.) with time and taking a look around here or there you can come to appreciate all SA has to offer. (This is perhaps the most important point, there's a huge amount of content here, venture beyond LP to see.)

Making fun of those new folk that just registered and cannot seem to wait to post is something of a tradition around here, explaining the vaguely insulting list above and perhaps somewhat unhelpful initial reply. No terribly hard feelings.

Go forth and read.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Ghostwoods posted:

Just finished watching CannibalK9's incredible LP of The Void (or Tension, as it was known in Russia). Wow. Truly amazing experience.

The game is beautiful, strange, eerie, and wildly imaginative, and CK9 handles it all with the grace and love that it deserves. My only regret is that it had to end. I know it's one of the recommended LPs at the start of this thread, but honestly, the write-up there doesn't do it justice.

I still hope that he'll do an LP of Cargo or Knock Knock some day.

It is a wonderful LP of a weird bizarre also wonderful game. Everyone should watch it.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Anyone know of any good Risk of Rain players on Youtube? I recently picked up the game and wanna learn how to play better in the same vein of Beaglerush playing X-Com or Xaiter breaking Binding of Issac over his knee.

Check out Best Friend Skull, he did an LP of the game and is pretty great at it.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

Hey folks, Lt. Danger's Mass Effect 3 thread is back with a vengeance. He's going for an analytical commentary of the themes present in the game and apparently maintains that the ending that pissed everyone off was a good thing - either way, he's got some really great insights into it. Recommended viewing or rather listening to anyone with the slightest interest in the ideas behind storytelling.

Just be aware that the thread and the video series within are decidedly about said themes in the game and not about the game itself. Do not expect to see the game.

E: \/ \/ \/ True. A few episodes into the thread there was a video in which Lt. Danger had muted the game conversation and was just talking over it all, in addition to edits confusing the continuity and making the game's ordinary sequence of events rather unclear. I am uncertain if I agree with the ideas expressed, but there is certainly a lot of thought and effort into the work. I somewhat hesitate to even call it an LP as playing the game yourself is absolutely required. The thread is not for people who want to see ME3.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 21, 2015

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Acne Rain posted:

is there a good lp of don't starve besides the one cknoor's channel?

I'm interested in the games mechanics and poo poo but after playing it I do not have the patience for it. Cknoor's okay at it but seems to go pretty slowly, I want something that gets to some of the bizarre poo poo I've heard of like caves and adventures and stuff faster.

Are you talking about his older in character videos, or the newer multiplayer ones? In multiplayer it seems he can never remember what he's got in his inventory or where anything is. Not exactly pro-tips either way.

Short answer; not that I know of.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Zain posted:

But it was still inferior to Squint's Dark Souls LP.

All other Dark Souls LPs are inferior to Squint's Dark Souls LP.

E: \/ \/ \/ He did. http://lparchive.org/Demons-Souls/

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 25, 2015

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Tobias Grant posted:

Pretty much everything RChimpcola made is pure gold. The Resident Evil 5 Co-op and Assassin's Creed 2 LPs are absolutely fantastic.

Wayne posted:

Yeah, I don't know what happened to the Dan & Dad team, but Mercenaries 2 was an amazing LP. If you haven't seen it yet, Turtle, you definitely should.

Nth'ing these. They're great.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Cknoor did an in-character LP thing of don't starve. It was some time since I saw it but it was pretty good.

He's also got Reign of Giants multiplayer videos with Skuzal, IB and occasional others. He's fairly incompetent in them but they're also pretty entertaining!

I'd recommend them.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Did anyone make an LP of the 1998 Battlezone game? I thought it was really good when it came out.

It was.

There's this thread, which I think ends prematurely before the end of the second campaign.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3531298
(Requires Archives)

...And the associated youtube account, if you lack Archives: https://www.youtube.com/user/CplKerberos/videos

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Powerfrog posted:

...but with the void I just... I just dunno what the gently caress is going on. It's a bit too abstract for me to appreciate even when I'm concentrating.

This is accurate to the game.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What does the thread recommend for a Dark Souls 3 VLP?

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Rent-a-Bot posted:

I'm curious to see what the deal is with Resident Evil. What are some good video lps of the games?

I present to you the definitive Resident Evil LPs:

Resident Evil 1-3: I suggest the following link. It is about as informative and amusing as the games themselves.

Resident Evil 4: Maxwell Adams and company created the definitive playthrough. Probably predates 2011.
Resident Evil 5: RChimpCola and Sinatropod had a great buddy-cop adventure. Venerable by highly amusing.
Resident Evil 6: While Geop's run may be considered unconventional by some standards it is worthy of consideration.

Jokes aside, the links for 4 and 5 are pretty good.

E: Also 6! (Just not actually RE.)

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 26, 2017

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Can someone give me recommendations of more threads to stickie to the top of the forum, please?

Every one of your own threads.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

How does anyone stay up to date on pop culture while being active on SA?

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

NiftyBottle posted:

There are a few goon lps of Yakuza 1 and 2, but I can't find any of the more recent ones that haven't been abandoned since July. Does anybody have recs for decent non-goon lps of Kiwami or 0?

TieTuesday has got a fair portion of Yakuza 0 on his youtube channel. I don't know if it's finished or not, I'm only up to part 5 (of 6 posted). If you don't mind it being a stream, it's pretty good. Tie is clearly in the streaming angle, but he's also decent.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TieTuesdaySA/videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

In your opinion what is the funniest lp on the forums I need something to watch.
I don't know what's the funniest; I'm bad at ranking but this one is certainly up there. Dan and Dad's Venezuelan explosion vacation!

https://lparchive.org/Mercenaries-2