Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Oh man, that BSG game went down like a ton of bricks. I've got a weak spot for board game playthroughs like BSG or the Risk threads; I'll definitely be keeping a closer eye on TGR. Is there an archive of TGR's best-of-- exciting games or games that are good for new players to observe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Are there LPs of horror games that aren't in and of themselves scary? I'm a big dork and can't handle scary games (or movies or whatever :ohdear:).

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Blind Sally posted:

Holy crap, we have entered a golden age of joke LPs. Read DATE SPEEDWAGON. it's goddamned hilarious.

I feel like I should have watched an anime to get this.

I have not.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

That's a shame. That was one of the funnier LPs. Hope Niggurath says why he pulled it sometime.

Well, if it ever resurfaces somewhere, watch that LP. It was real good.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

dscruffy1 posted:

It was on the archive for a while but it seems to have been removed, possibly at Niggurath's request.

Which is a shame, because it was really good.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Jack Van Burace posted:

Anybody know where Nigurrath's Day of Crisis LP went? It seems to have disappeared off Youtube and the LP archive if it was ever there.

He deleted it for some reason-- don't think he ever said why. Shame, it was real good. Don't think anybody ever uploaded another copy of it, either.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

VoidBurger posted:

I thought it was something like he admitted to getting a female friend or acquaintance extremely drunk on purpose so he could gently caress her (which is rape)? I could be misremembering though.

Yeah, legally a prosecutor could have a fairly clearcut case with deliberately intoxicating someone to have sex with them.

So, long story short, no, I would not recommend his LPs.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Has anyone done a good LP of Space Station 13 designed to let someone unfamiliar with it know what the gently caress is going on?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm not learning to play the game per se, just have someone playing and explaining what's happening as they go. That seems about right.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Half-recommendation, half-memory jog: I remember someone had a Blood Bowl LP a while back that was a goon league. I don't remember the particulars but it was a goon voted thread, it had nice little memorial cards for each player that died, and it wasn't cKnoor's.

Also, is there a good Blood Bowl 2 LP around?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

TheMcD posted:

There were two Blood Bowl LPs by GNU Order that I'm pretty sure are the ones you are thinking of. They should be listed in the LP Archive master list.

EDIT: And there is a Blood Bowl 2 LP currently ongoing. No idea if it's good, though, I haven't watched it.

That's probably it. And sweet! Thanks a bunch!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Habeasdorkus did an amazing LP of Football Manager a few years ago where he took a small Welsh team and turned them into world-class titans, weaving a pretty compelling story and narrative with the characters and events the game put on him. He's just started a new one playing as plucky San Marino Calcio, another low-rank team so distant in Italian soccer that it's not actually in Italy, it's in San Marino. It's early days, but y'all are in for a treat. Viva Titani.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVQGI7fpr0U&list=PLuoM6YEhavdxOJD9BxW2n6yIkKPbneuBz
Disaster: Day of Crisis by discworld is all I read, feat. Panzerskank and Geop, is one of my favorite VLPs people don't mention enough. It's hilarious. So is the game, but probably not on purpose.

I didn't know this got reuploaded! I loved it when it was first made, and was bummed out when I went to recommend it to someone and it was gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Might not be precisely right here, but are there good streams of folks doing playthroughs of Legacy-style boardgames? Risk Legacy, Pandemic Legacy, Gloomhaven, that sort of stuff. Preferably folks with a sense of humor.