Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Yeah I miss those guys. Can only watch those grab bags so many times. GET BACK TOGETHER YOU BUMS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Psych Eyeball is still working on Binding of Issac if that's your thing. Also Nuclear Throne tournament is still being run by Smite and since that's the best roguelike it's usually pretty fun to watch, even if you don't know the mechanics. If you ask stuff in chat usually people will explain it to you and the announcers help explain stuff when they can.

http://www.twitch.tv/smitetv

https://www.youtube.com/user/itsallup

Usually has tournament streams on the weekends, also plenty of backlog videos of the tournament on his YT

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
I finished Days of Ruin, now I'm in the middle of AW2. Streams are currently on hold but they'll start up again eventually. They're pretty chill streams for the most part, but probably good for falling asleep to :v:

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

gokai posted:

Anyone know of a VLP of a srpg with someone really good at the game. I really like the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance sslp in the lparchive but I just enjoy vlp's more.

I can't seem to paste links on this dumb phone but look up ARavingLoon on YT, he plays all kinds of stuff but frequently does strategy / simulation games. His stuff is mostly streams that he puts on YT so you can also catch live stuff on hitbox.tv/ARavingLoon or something like that. He should also have completed playlists on YT, so if you need 80 hours of Front Mission 3 (and who doesn't) you can find it there.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
wanna pop in to talk about GrandmaParty, who is a cool dude and is doing an LP of Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888907

Jimmy was my favorite game of 2018, it's an earnest retro RPG with aesthetic/mechanical influences from a lot of things but mainly Earthbound and FF5. It takes place entirely in the dreams of the eight year old titular character who uses the power of empathy to feel like his enemies and change his job class and ability set in battle. You explore Jimmy's mind, go on adventures with his family, and confront the scary things in his brain.

GP does a great job condensing the RPG experience for people who don't want to see every single fight, and manages to skirt the edge between formal LP of the game while being real informal and casual with his guests. The thread is also very nice and currently putting out some nice fanart for the sake of charity.