Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It's also a really nice thing to just listen to if you're having trouble sleeping or whatever. Not a knock against it, though; it's both interesting, exciting and remarkably relaxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Huh, this one does seem cool. Guy knows when to shut up too, which is pretty nice so you can actually hear the game at times too.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Yeah, assuming you don't want the kind of idiocy that leads to bad decisions like grinding out 99 of every random item, then this is the thread you want.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Right at the top of that page:

Geop posted:

7) Please check the Master List and LPArchive.org if you're curious of whether something's been LP'd already. Also, if you're using LPArchive.org, there are numerous older LPs which you'll come across. Hosts have died over time, but many of these LPs have been uploaded to Archive.org! Keep an eye out for this banner in those cases:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

ApeHawk posted:

Really, the only bad thing you can say about him is he's a manchild who's bad at games.

the most heinous of all crimes

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Sociopastry posted:

Can anyone recommend a good horror game LP? I really enjoyed VoidBurger's Silent Hill playthroughs.

The Homecoming LP by Kamoc is the natural next step, then.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

So, does anyone know of any Xenoblade Chronicles LPs that managed to be both good and actually finished?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I don't think "using the game mechanics in the way they work" is what most people consider an unintended feature. :shrug:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Pizdec posted:

Any good video LPs of Fallout 3?

He's only got 2 different challenge runs up for 3, one of which is an Iron Man run but without healing for good measure and is still ongoing, but I would definitely go with Many A True Nerd for that by far. He certainly knows what he's doing, even when it's with regards to an aspect he hasn't done before and can explain what he's doing and why very well along with keeping things fairly interesting for the somewhat lengthy (around 30-40 minutes each) videos.

If you were after a more generic, regular playthrough then I have no ideas sorry.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I don't know about the MP3 files but Captain Linebeck mirrored the videos onto YT at some point.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Kyuuyaku does have a full translation, yeah, and while it's certainly on my list to do it probably won't be anytime soon. There's some stuff for it that I'm midway through making that'll take a long time and be really helpful for anyone who wants to try and play it, as well as make it more convenient for me to do (i.e. a fusion calculator; it's easier than it sounds at least), because it does some mechanically weird things.

E; But that's just me and I'm weird like that. If anyone else can/does do it quicker, then more power to 'em and I'll probably read it still.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I'm gonna add TeamFourStar to that list as well. Not the weird in-character stuff, that's kind of awful at its best, mind you but the more casual stuff for sure.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

You need archives unfortunately.

Fortunately, that's not true. The "Archive" lock in the corner of the thread means that it's too old to post in/reopen but that's all; it may require Archives sometime in the future, but since they've been broken for almost 4 years now I'm not expecting it to be fixed anytime soon. :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Okay. This is an odd one, but Dan/Nerd Cubed and Jon/Many A True Nerd's The Crew 2 road trip might just be the best thing on Youtube since Bully Demise. It's genuinely a Top Gear special, but with a bunch of even less competent clowns trying to do a road trip across the whole of America, with no HUD.

This is fantastic and my only complaint is that I wish the episodes were longer, really. The journey to Seattle is goddamn glorious; I'm not great at geography, but even I know that Death Valley is in California and not Nevada. I can't wait for the realization of just how wrong that claim was to kick in.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

What's wrong with the one on the Archive? Most folks seemed to enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

It's the perfect time of the year to be in a bit of a horror mood, really. Does anyone have any recommendations for Theresia: Dear Emile? There is one on the master list, but unfortunately it requires Archives to read.