Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

FrickenMoron posted:

I dont really like Squints LP of Demon's Souls because it completely ignores the online elements, which are an integral part of the game. I know WHY he did it (easier to manipulate tendency to show off events), but there are ways around it.

No, he didn't show it off because his internet sucked really badly and would boot him out of the game at the drop of a hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Dragonatrix posted:

It's also a really nice thing to just listen to if you're having trouble sleeping or whatever. Not a knock against it, though; it's both interesting, exciting and remarkably relaxing.

I tried doing that, but I kept finding myself too interested in reading the chat and it backfired.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

It was an entirely manual process.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Jsor posted:

I know Kaz did one of some sort of RPG where he abused integer underflow to buff his stats, but I don't remember which game. I don't remember it being all that exciting after the initial abuse, admittedly.

Secret of Evermore, I believe. I don't think there were any glitches used beyond the really simple (and boring) underflow glitch.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Was it Please W A I T: Let's Play with the Famicom Disk System! by Lolo De Puzlo? Pity he hasn't updated it since December of last year.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Dancer posted:

Wanna drop a recommendation for Riviera: The Promised Land, simply on account of how loving funny it is. The author re-writes all the dialogue, and they hold no punches when it comes to mocking the game's stupid design decisions, and they're good at it.

If you liked that one, I'd also recommend Avalon Code and Gazillionare Deluxe from the same LPer.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Pierzak posted:

It's both :ssh:

Yup. Gazillionare Deluxe is a real game, but it's barely more than a spreadsheet with some formulas in it.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Specifically, his username is My Name Is Kaz, not just Kaz.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Every time he tries to do anything Superman 64 related something bad happens, apparently.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I seem to recall that he was told he couldn't post it here anymore because it was becoming like one update per thread.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Does anyone know of a good Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis VLP? The current LP of The Infernal Machine has gotten me in a mood for some nostalgia about it but I don't really have the time to actually play it myself.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Danaru posted:

"Mighty Number 9 shouldn't have to compromise it's artistic integrity for people with disabilities" is the absolute most galaxy brain hill I've ever seen someone die on, and I'm the guy committed to dying on the hill of "Metal Gear Survive is actually very good"

As far as I can tell his hill was more "Gamers are entitled whiners if they don't appreciate literally all games." It just came to a head with MN9 because he apparently really likes it, and most people really don't. The other games he LPed were mostly relatively niche titles, from what I remember, not high profile flops.

senrath fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Mar 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

In which case I hope things get better for them.