Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Are there any good LP's of Doom 3? For some reason I really want to see that game again and I can't seem to find a good one (I checked the archive and boons just doesnt want to play well for me so that is a no go). Other good first person horror/failed potential games would also be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Would someone be so kind as to recommend me some chill, low-intensity LPs? I've got a killer headache and don't want to watch actual TV because I hate being yelled at by 5000db commercials.

CannibalK9 did a LP of the Void a while back that is very chill. If that hasn't already been mentioned.

Also psymonkeys simgolf lp is also very very chill if weird russian games are annoying to you.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 5, 2015

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

HarshlyCritical is doing one right now. If you don't know who he is, his schtick is that cheesy-rear end horror game tactics don't work on him because he's just not scared by jump-scares, and the face cam is there as part of the "joke" that he doesn't shout and fling his arms everywhere when he gets scared. Of course, Soma is an actually scary game and not crappy Slender knockoff, so this time around it doesn't necessarily work out that way. He does good let's plays because he actually thinks critically (hurr) about his actions instead of screaming and yelling obscenities at the spooky things.

He's also a really nice guy and I kind of have a man crush on him :shobon:

For a detailed analysis of what HarshlyCritical is all about, see this compilation he made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnJDqNjJIPs

Yes, the thumbnail is part of the joke

I normally have a knee jerk hatred of all LPs involving a face cam. But I started watching the Soma videos and they are actually pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It should be mentioned that if you enjoyed cannibalK9's LP of the Void he also did one of the Talos Principle that was very good. As for another recommendation supergreatfriend is currently LP'ing Realms of the Haunting which is a Point and Click FPS and seems very interesting so far.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone remember a LP of a game in which you play golf with frogs? I cant remember who did it or the name of the game. Any help is appreciated.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh thats a shame. I wondered why I couldnt find them again.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Any good LP's of Viewtiful Joe? I feel like I have seen one offs or streams but never a full lp playthrough.

Also as a offering I rediscovered Chorpsaway's LP of Drake and the 99 Dragons recently and cannot recommend it enough to anyone who is a fan of terribly made games being LP'd well.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

VoidBurger posted:

I still think Kamoc's Choose-Your-Own-Adventure LP of Silent Hill Homecoming is ridiculously impressive in pretty much every way.

Second this. First time I came to a choice in the video I was like WHAAaaaaa?

Also I am always a little sad that FromSoftware are the DarkSouls people now because it means we will never get another Otogi.... are there any Otogi LPs?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Are there any Dragons Dogma LPs?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Anyone able to help find an LP of Tombi! (I think? Pink haired dude fighting pigs is all i can remember)?

I might be misremembering but I could swear there was one on this forum that was pretty good but its been a while so i could be wrong.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sorry to continue the question rampage but does anyone know of a good lp of the serious Sam series? Just have a hankering for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Has anyone on or off SA done a decent comprehensive/ informative LP of The Witcher games? I’ve repeatedly tried to get into all three of them and the gameplay just does nothing for me, but I always found the writing and story to be really interesting. There’s nothing on LP archive and I’m afraid to jump into the YouTube swamp without any guidance.

Was smight doing a witcher lp or am i going insane