Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Skwirl posted:

While more attention to good sslp's is great, I don't think a single thing in the OP has a face cam.

I think he meant such videos showing up as recommended for people on Youtube, not in the OP.

On the topic of good SSLPs, House Hohenzollern Rising is easily the best completed Paradox LP and gives an excellent alt-history narrative following the Hohenzollerns (historically the ruling family of Prussia and the German Empire) from a single county in Swabia through 900 years and 4 games, with a ton of effort put into good conversions and interesting events.

Rogue0071 fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Sneaky Fast posted:

I just finished ShadowCatboy's Planescape:Torment LP based on the recommendation of this thread. I real enjoyed the depth of the story and by the end of the LP i was enthralled. It felt like i had just completed a great book. It worked so well because most of the writing and dialog was in game text and ShadowCatboy's narrative adaptation was mostly describing gameplay. It's just really hard to write narrative LP's as one person that aren't repetitive

Does anybody have any suggestions of SSLP's that feel as epic as PT?

I'd recommend Scorchy's KOTOR II LP (less narrative focused, though) and Lt. Danger's NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer LP. His LP of the original campaign is also worth reading but it's the MOTB one that really has the effect you describe.