Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I'm gonna recommend Infinitum's ongoing King of Dragon Pass LP.

It's got goon voting, hilarious photoshops, and a guy that has pulled off 7 heroquests in a row, while questing every year. Two of those are back to back CowLarps in the same year.

So drop in and watch the clan starve while we improbably win at questing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Any recommendations for Unreal World LPs? I've read the sort of mini one we had in one of the 'Everyone plays roguelikes' threads, but I'd like more weird Finnishness.

Also feel free to toss in anything that's sort of in that vein, especially if they have real knowledge on whatever survivaly things are going on in game.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Blood Sally posted:

Looking for a thread I thought I'd bookmarked but can no longer find. It was one of the first nuDoom LPs on the subforum. It was a pretty casual affair but I shamefully can't remember the name of the OP. I do remember that Lazyfire was one of the cocommentators.

It wouldn't happen to be Alexythegreat's LP, would it?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I'm gonna recommend both of Jerusalem's LPs.

A Scotsman in Egypt tells a phenomenal story in a game mostly devoid of any real narrative beyond one or two things, spinning a tale over 3 generations of a family and just what they can do when they put their minds to it.

San Andreas is pretty obviously GTA, but his writing does a lot to add character to CJ and everyone around him, as well as making things feel less rushed than the usual narrative.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Can anyone recommend some decent, sorta chill people that play Silent Hunter, Il-2, Rise of Flight, etc? Knowing their poo poo about the vehicles, time period, or theatre of war is a bonus, but not required. Just finished my latest binge of One F Jef's old stuff and I need more.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

TheDarkFlame posted:

I've started playing Monster Hunter Worlds, has anyone done a thorough informative LP of that yet? I'd particularly like to see what the different weapons can do when someone knows what they're doing, it seems like a game with a lot of combat depth and variety.

There was one in progress here, but it's essentially dead right now, or on extended hiatus. LPer said he might get back to it in 2019, if life eased up but yeah. Only one I know of that wasn't awful to try and watch.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Spudd posted:

So I've never played Morrowind or Oblivion, would anyone know any streams or let's players that made some good videos about with those games? I don't really want to play them but I've played a shitload of Skyrim recently and wanna see the what the other games were like.

Lizard Wizard did great LP's of both Oblivion and Morrowind that are both funny and comprehensive. Not video, but still well worth the read.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Any good LPs, SA or otherwise, for Hollow Knight? Preferably something informative, but failing that, at least not blind.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Beaten to posting J-Ru's stuff, but yeah, both of those are some of my most read literature ever, absolutely phenomenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Werner-Boogle posted:

Now that it's been out for a while, can anyone recommend a good and thorough LP of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - There aren't any in the LParhive.

EDIT: Also maybe an in-depth Bloodborne LP since I'm currently like halfway through (I think) and would like to get a closer look at the game once I'm finished.

If you want indepth Bloodborne, then look no further than this LP by Genocyber.