Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

As much as I like unfair's work on other games, his Deus Ex LPs put me right to sleep. Did anyone ese ever do these, hopefully with more energetic commentary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Killer, dude, thanks. I love bobbin, he's got some good poo poo.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Does anyone know of a good Starcraft/Starcraft 2 LP? I want to see the game but I don't really want to shell out money for a game I'm NOT EVEN SURE I'll like. Cheers in advance!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Go check out BeagleRush on YouTube and his ironman impossible series if you aren't probably already watching it.

Seconding. Beagle's funny, informative, interesting and even when he's going over the slow bits he managed to keep it fun. He's what inspired me to get XCOM, actually.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Are there any actually good LPs of Five Nights at Freddy's? I know it falls under teh three month rule here, but I'm wondering if anyone's ever seen a good youtube LP of it? Preferably without scarecam.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Cheers! I hate scarecams. I don't think I've ever seen a good scarecam.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Anyone know of good Phoenix Wright LPs?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Is there a good LP of Among the Sleep? I really want to see what it's about but I'm terrible with horror games.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Cheers! Love Skippygranola. He's a hella cool guy and he's so relentlessly cheerful it's hard not to enjoy his LPs.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Has anyone recommended Beagle's LP of X-COM Long War Mod? Because it's amazing. Also he's got a live version of it going. He's really good at showing tactics, discussing the intricacies of the game, and just generally being pretty interesting.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Can anyone recommend a good horror game LP? I really enjoyed DumbRodent's Outlast LP and VoidBurger's Silent Hill playthroughs. I want something that's not a bunch of screaming, that allows the game to sort of speak for itself.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Dooky Dingo posted:

Niggurath has done quite a few horror game LP's, including a recently finished one, "Nanashi No Game" for the DS.
He never screams, knows the ins and outs of every game he plays, doesn't waste time, focuses on the game itself and has a generally calm and soothing presentation style.

Ooo, I'll have a look-see.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Darkseed and Darkseed 2 retsupuraes are amazing.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'm in the mood for an informative LP. I've watched all the ones in the OP and I'm currently really enjoying Genocyber's playthrough of Bloodborne. I wanted to watch the Deadly Premonitions LP again, but the videos keep loving up for me. Anything along those lines would be lovely!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Does anyone know of a good Borderlands LP? I've been wanting to get into them, but FPSs aren't really my jam. The only ones I can find are really lovely youtube LPs, and the one on the archive doesn't seem to have the videos linked correctly anymore.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Jade Star's usual hosting is lost to the sands of time and Viddler fired the laser beam that erased all its LP's from existence but thankfully the Borderlands LP is backed up on his Youtube channel if you want to watch it.

thanks, much appreciated!

that said, if anyone else has recommendations, I'd be up for it.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Any Bioshock 2 LPs? I've watched the Bioshock 1 in the archive and now I'm ready for the next one!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Major_JF posted:

Brainamp did a SubVLP of 2 Here If you don't have archives The first video is Here.

Thanks!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

It was probably this thread I got it from, but I've been watching Cameron Kunzelman's Rollercoaster Tycoon LP, and it's pretty relaxed. He's basically trying to be Bob Ross.

This is super relaxing and I just bingewatched all of it. Does anyone have anything similar?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Does anyone know of a good LP of Soma? So far all I've found are scarecams.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Thanks!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Does anyone have a good Fallout 4 LP? I don't want to watch some idiot on a scarecam.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Does anyone have a good, somewhat serious LP of Until Dawn?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

malkav11 posted:

I found the Scary Game Squad LP pretty acceptable:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFx-KViPXIkFNftmkbEGV3rJSa7bKHngs

Minimal Youtube LPer bullshit, no facecam, decent quality video and they were pretty thorough. I found the Super Best Friends too obnoxious to continue with but YMMV.

Thank you very much! The SBF one was a little too ah... enthusiastic, for my tastes.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Are there any Dead by Daylight LPs that are decent?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Does anyone know of a non-annoying Tattletail LP? I'd love to see it played but I dislike scarecams

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Any others? I actually find him really annoying.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

I still maintain Mercenaries 2 is the funniest LP ever made. The amount of cooperative fuckery is second to none.

cannot agree enough. I love this LP so much, and to this day every time I'm having a bad time I'll watch this again to laugh at it.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Anyone know of a good Witcher 1 lp? I wanna play the newest one but I need some backstory first and the first game plays like hot garbage.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Christopher Odd has done playthroughs of all three games and he manages to be fairly watchable. He does read out dialogue (usually bestiary entries and the like) but he doesn't do 'wacky' voices and manages to be pretty chill overall.

Thank you! Much appreciated.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

anyone have a good LP of the new Friday the 13th game?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Awww, blegh. Any good LPs of similar games, then? Preferably without scarecam/super loud assholes.

Also I wanted to recommend a channel I really like: Katie Plays Stuff is a really pretty chill lady playing games. She takes her time, likes to talk about her theories, and while she does have a scarecam, it's not obnoxious. I really enjoyed her LP of RE7 and I'm enjoying her Heavy Rain LP a lot, as well.

Here's her RE7 LP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daI7nc9Z9EU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Any good Bendy and the Ink Machine LP's?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I recced her earlier, but KatiePlaysStuff did a really entertaining LP of RE7- you don't need prior knowledge of RE except WEIRD ZOMBO SCHENANIGANS.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'm really enjoying Edmond Dante's LP of INSIDE. The weird atmosphere and subtitles are really nice. What are some other LPs of similar slightly creepy, atmospheric games? I've already seen the LIMBO one.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Try Edmond's Metro Last Light LP if you haven't seen that one already.

I personally think I try a little too hard to be funny, but ramming is always sincere.

thank you!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Anyone have a good LP of Little Nightmares? I got the game but I am a HUGE WIMP and cannot play scary games very good.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I don't know if I asked this before, but if I do I don't remember so

Monster Hunter LPs?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Beelerzebub posted:

Which game?

Any

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Any good LPs for Crypt of the Necrodancer?