Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Herr Tog posted:

Should I watch it first or eventually? cause right now I am watching 13-2 and there are cats and cake batter

To be frank, you really don't need to watch 13 at all. As far as the storyline goes, 13 might as well be self-contained for as much as 13-2 gives a poo poo about it. It literally starts retconning the first game within the first hour and beyond that it never references the plot outside of assuming you already know who the characters are.

That said, 13 is dumb as poo poo and if you find that 13-2's nonsensical story is up your alley, 13's is just as bad (if marginally more subtle).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Getsuya posted:

I played through Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 but now am unable (and have no desire) to play 13-3. I know the LP of it here never finished so I'm wondering if anyone knows any good Youtube LPs of Lightning Returns that are completed or close to completion? All the LPs I found with a cursory search were day-one blind LPs which don't really seem to work very well due to the nature of this game. I have an irrational need to know how the trilogy ends. Alternatively if any of the day one blind LPs is actually worth watching I guess I don't mind watching it.

I can't help you if you need one right now but I have about a quarter of 13-2 recorded and LR is up on the list after that.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Honestly I really like his stuff. Yeah, he gets a little whiny toward the end of some of the series, and yeah the MM "fast forward through cutscenes" is a really weird (and bad) compromise, but on the whole he's really good at what he does. I would definitely agree that Ocarina and DK64 are his best videos though.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I mean you're not wrong, I have a list a mile long of things that I would change if I ever were to redo that LP, but this isn't really the place to go into that. What I will say is that while I'm not a fan of Melth's LP for a variety of reasons, it is a very good LP and I'm glad he's doing it so I can point at his thread instead of mine now.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I guess just to clear the air on LR, we are doing it, but it'll probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of June 2016. Aside from the necessity of finishing VLR and putting the PC port through its paces, Fedule has some personal stuff that means he won't be able to commit to a full LP until then. Theoretically I could start one next week, but it certainly wouldn't be what you were looking for, for a variety of reasons.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Considering that Fates is three games in and of itself, the fact that it's been out for all of a week, and it's a 3DS game to boot, I would be amazed if there were any worth watching yet.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

anilEhilated posted:

The archive has quite a few takes on FFXIII and JRPGs don't get much dumber.

That's not true at all. Its sequels make XIII look like beloved classic literature by comparison. :colbert:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Bubsy was because he all but toxxed himself saying "if someone buys me Bubsy, I will LP it" knowing that I had $20 lying around in my Steam wallet. I'm not sure what he expected, really.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

WombatCyborg posted:

There's two lps I watched part of and id like to find again, but I cant think of the names at all, see if you can help me out.

One was Professor Layton if it had a baby with Fargo while Twin peaks was watching in the corner creepily. Pretty certain this one finished and made it to the archive.

The other was a screenshot lp, I believe the premise was a jrpg set in WW2, but the Nazis were anime vampires? I cant remember if that one ever finished though.

First one is Puzzle Agent, no idea on the latter.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

CrashScreen posted:

I don't think anyone else is insane enough. Also, the game is pretty hosed and it messes with a lot of capture devices.

Can confirm, I was going to LP it before Id did and the footage was absolutely unusable in every way. Horrific desync, screen tearing, variable frame rate, the works.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Also style is going to be a big difference here. Are you looking for someone who just talk about whatever and play the bad game as background, or someone who really tears into it and explains why and how it's so bad?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Hey folks, with the new stickies coming down the line, we're going to be merging Requests and Recommendation. Seeing as we're due for a refresh, I feel like we should take the time to throw out some new recommendations for the "official" recommended list or whatever you want to call the list in the second post. This is not to say the current list is bad or anything, but it hasn't been updated in over four years (and a few LPs have been lost, like Kamoc's Silent Hill Homecoming LP; thanks Youtube!). The recommendations don't have to be super long or detailed, but they should quickly get across the appeal of whatever LP you're shilling for, and the format of the LP - see the current list in the second post if you need inspiration. I'll gather em up and post the new list along when the new thread goes up in a couple days. Thanks guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I kinda figured I was gonna scrap the existing structure there, but it'll depend on what and how much stuff people give me to work with. If I end up with a ton of relatively niche stuff then yeah, I kinda have to keep that kind of structure but I doubt that will be the case.