Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Can anyone recommend a good LP of Kingdom Hearts 2? The one on the archive by KFJ skips all the cutscenes IIRC, and most of the ones I've found on Youtube fall into the trap of either reading all the text in horrible voices or calling basically every male character a gay homofag every time they say anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

SWMadness posted:

There's actually one that just recently started here in the forums that is doing a more serious play-through of the whole series, if that helps.
Not really, since they're still on the first game, and there's another two games after that before they even touch KH2.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Can anyone recommend a good XCOM: Long War LP? I like having something on in the background while I'm doing other stuff.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Are there any decent completionist VLPs of FFIX or Lightning Returns out there? I've been looking around and either the player reads all the dialogue in a funny voice (in the case of the former) or says nothing (in the case of the latter).

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Can anyone recommend a good YT channel specializing in PS1/2-era RPGs? I'm looking for something, preferably as non-annoying as possible, that I can put on in the background while working where, at the very least, they don't read out everything in silly voices. Being halfway competent at the games they play is a bonus.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Are there any playthroughs of Dawn of War 2, going full Corruption? Literally every playthrough I've seen on Youtube takes the goodie goodie route like some Emprah-loving loser. I wants me some HERESY, damnit!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Sociopastry posted:

Anyone know of a good Witcher 1 lp? I wanna play the newest one but I need some backstory first and the first game plays like hot garbage.

Christopher Odd has done playthroughs of all three games and he manages to be fairly watchable. He does read out dialogue (usually bestiary entries and the like) but he doesn't do 'wacky' voices and manages to be pretty chill overall.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Which Mega Man LP was it that spawned Punch Donkey, breakout star of Mega Man Dongs?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

That's the chappy, thanks

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Are there any channels doing good post-release Dead Cells stuff? Preferably from a new file. The good stuff is all early access and the post-release stuff is almost entirely insufferable.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Mega64 posted:

Excited for the next Chocobo Mysterious Dungeon narrative LP.

If someone did a Chocobo Dungeon LP written in the purple prose-style of H.P. Lovecraft (minus the thinly-veiled racism, natch), I would never want to read anything else.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Work's slowing down for the holidays so I've got some spare time on my hands. Can anyone recommend any good VLPs of Nocturne, 4/A, the Raidou games or If...? Anything from the SMT series but Persona 3/4/5 really

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

AccountingNightmare doesn't really post LPs here anymore, but she did a series of streams covering a runthrough on Hard Mode that have her 100%ing the game. It's a solid playthrough and she covers pretty much everything you'd want to know about in the game.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Seconding this. I remember enjoying her DMC1 and DMC3 LPs, though they're pretty old now and it's possible the video quality isn't great by modern standards.

She's been streaming the series under various challenge conditions on her Youtube channel, so even if they're not as indepth as her original LPs, they're definitely as fun.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Siren 2 did receive an English release, but only in Europe for some reason. Given how easy emulation is these days, I'm genuinely surprised no one's tried tackling it since. Makes more sense than translating the game from scratch, at least.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Rasen Bran did a good playthrough (as good as you can for a game like Drakengard, at least). Cuts out all the meandering and covers some of the stuff that was left on the cutting room floor. Shame about that other one though, I was really enjoying it.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Has anyone on or off SA done a decent comprehensive/ informative LP of The Witcher games? I’ve repeatedly tried to get into all three of them and the gameplay just does nothing for me, but I always found the writing and story to be really interesting. There’s nothing on LP archive and I’m afraid to jump into the YouTube swamp without any guidance.

Christopher Odd has done comprehensive playthroughs of all three games. He does read out documents, but there's no silly voices and he knows to shut up for cutscenes, so that puts him ahead of 99% of all Youtube LPers. I'd say he's your best bet for the series.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Can anyone recommend any good playthroughs of the Star Ocean series? The first three games in particular. Just anything where they don't read out all the dialogue or have a terrible voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter by Scintilla. One of the most maligned RPGs around ever made, purely on the strength of its (unfair) reputation. It does so much different, both in terms of its own series, its setting and combat system, it deserves respect for what it does and Scintilla's LP shows that off admirably.