Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Mastigophoran's LP of Eternal Daughter goes into a ton of detail about how the limitations of the engine it was built on worked to make the game both harder than intended and exploitable by a sufficiently knowledgeable player, which Mastigophoran certainly is. The game itself is prohibitively difficult and even the few who have played it never made it far, but when expertly played and edited, it's a brief, well-paced Metroidvania adventure with an engaging story brought to you by a two-person team featuring Derek Yu of Spelunky fame. One of my all-time favorite LPs.

Also, this thread's OP has a bunch of must-see skilled LPs, especially Accounting Nightmare's LPs of the Devil May Cry trilogy and yoshesque's Bayonetta domination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Turtlicious posted:

Chip and Ironicus, Slowbeef and Diabeetus, JordanKai and his partner, are there more LP'rs like this you'd recommend? I can't even really place my finger on what makes them entertaining, but I would definitely like more of that.

A large part of it is that they're not douche-y, and the accents aren't heavy I think.

If we're still talking great LP duos, all my favorites have been listed, but Phenwah does all his LPs with Lobst and a rotating third and they always maintain a flow and chemistry on par with any of those mentioned above. Haze is their essential viewing go-to, but their LP of The Fifth Element was my favorite of last year, and I've enjoyed all their other work (except Red Steel, which is from 2008 and really shows its age).

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
For everyone enjoying AccountingNightmare's glorious return, you might also enjoy Wugga's ongoing LP of Rayman Origins as it is also a hyperskilled and extremely thorough run of a very difficult yet well-designed game. It provides a sharp contrast to DMC4, showing how a character with only two moves on a 2D plane can also provide a world of depth and challenge, but I think it's an excellent way to fill the gaps between her updates.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Geektox posted:

edit: Oops, my question was answered 2 pages back re: Witcher. So instead, are there any LPs of the Hitman games where every mission is pulled off flawlessly and any where they go hilariously wrong?

There's also Nickmeister's LP of Hitman: Absolution, which is quite a bad game and he just kicks back and lets it do its worst.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

CJacobs posted:

Would someone be so kind as to recommend me some chill, low-intensity LPs? I've got a killer headache and don't want to watch actual TV because I hate being yelled at by 5000db commercials.

Pid by frozentreasure
Rayman Origins by Wugga
Botanicula by Voice of Dog
Eternal Daughter by Mastigophoran

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Phenwah's stuff is always my go-to for great group commentary. I'm awfully fond of everything here (except the first Red Steel LP, which is from '08 and has poor audio and video quality even for then), and they recently did an off-SA LP of H.A.W.X. 2 that was really funny despite the burden of forced landing sequences worse than the ones from the NES Top Gun game.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
If anyone's still looking for group LPs, you have to get on the Skate 3 thread that is very slowly creeping towards completion. The commentators are husband and wife, so obviously great chemistry there, and they're both very funny, which goes well with the theme of showing off how Sonic '06 broken the game is. Their YouTube channel also has a few LPs of indie horror games that are similarly charming, if very different in tone.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Is it this one, Blackout? I only recognize a few of the details from your description, but it looks like it could be.

EDIT: Either way, let this serve as a recommendation for Blackout, it's really unique and creepy.

Fiendly fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 8, 2017

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
LPs of weird mediocre games with bizarre stories are pretty much my main interest, though not a ton come to mind. Limbo of the Lost is actually agonizingly bad but really fascinating, some cool ladies on another board covered odd adventure game The Orion Conspiracy, and Niggurath has done a few, chief among them being Michigan: Report From Hell.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

ultrafilter posted:

IGgy IGsen is doing an LP of Celeste that's worth watching.

This breaks rules 2 and 5 of this thread, but I'll second the recommendation anyway. The game is expertly crafted and presented, and so far the LP does it the service of letting it do its thing, while still hitting all the cool bonus content and keeping a good video pace. IGgy's even been peer pressured into ending each video with a speedrun of what he just played, which is a neat addition.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Eh, they're still pretty good posting guidelines, though they could be reworded for readability and a less accusatory tone. A better OP would assume people are here to ask for recommendations specific to their interests, since hardly anyone comes here to promote threads they like anymore. I wouldn't mind being able to mention my own LPs when they meet the criteria people are looking for since no one else is ever going to, but coming here just to self-promote is still useless posting due to the obvious bias at play.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

discworld is all I read posted:

Judge, I think you guys are great and that's coming from someone who's really garbage.

Same on both counts. All forms of trash love MDC.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Turtlicious posted:

In your opinion what is the funniest lp on the forums I need something to watch.

Skate 3 with Pete and Amy imo

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Ey, thanks for doing the LPs ya did, I enjoyed em all. Good luck out there.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Iron Chitlin's Suffering LP is the one I watched, it's quite good.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Found his YouTube

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
The Lp of Eternal Daughter is ridiculously informative and thorough, should be just what you're looking for

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Dex01 and Dazzling Addar, both largely retired but they did a lot of good work in their time.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
drat, forgot about Accounting Nightmare since she hasn't posted here in so long, but she used to be my favorite. Gotta add in Yosheque for doing similarly masterful LPs of the Bayonetta series.

Also Devious Vacuum only did one LP but she's wonderful.

Fiendly fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 8, 2019

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
It's International Women's Day, so I'm gonna bring up a few more women of LP. Genghis and Shaw don't post here, but they're both hilarious Canadian artists who love adventure games and have covered a ton of them.

Also Pete and Amy are a very funny married LP duo, Amy did the editing and I've stolen some of her methods because they were really good. Like almost everyone listed so far, they're on extended LP hiatus, but there's plenty of back catalogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I saw Split/Second on the schedule for SGDQ and it reminded me that the LP of it done here on the forums was really good. Extremely high level play showing off everything there is to see in the super ridiculous racing game, it's worth checking out if you missed it.