Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I think Faerie Fortune's blind Ocarina of Time LP is the first "you don't need to pay attention to this but you'll catch yourself peeking at the video a few dozen times" LP I've ever seen. She's got a great voice, her guide is a good complement and her genuine reactions to things make me keep popping a glance over at the video to see who her new friend is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

goodness posted:

Can anyon recommend a good lp to read/watch for comedy? The only LP I have ever really enjoyed are boatmurder dwarf fortress and the animal Crossing evil Tom nook one. I guess neighbor are actually an LP but anything that is humorous should be a good start.

I really enjoyed chewbot's Oregon Trail LP

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Tommy_Blanco posted:

Any good recommendations for a video lp of the fallout series? I remember laughing pretty hard at the tippin' 40's New Vegas one a while back, but would love to see a semi serious play through.

I really enjoy the work Many a True Nerd has done over on Youtube. He's done Fallout 3 and New Vegas runs where he had to kill every living thing he came across, runs where he refused to kill anything (it's really surprising just how much of the games you can complete without killing anything!), he created You Only Live Once runs where he refuses to heal damage or radiation to see if the games are doable on one solitary health bar, & my personal favorite, a Don't Starve run in New Vegas with the intention of blitzing through the base game in Hardcore mode without eating, drinking or sleeping.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Verranicus posted:

I've been getting way into speedrun races and such like RPG Limitbreak and Games Done Quick where super knowledgeable guys try to beat games (primarily RPGs) as fast as they can, but I was curious if you goons knew of any similar formatted stuff that wasn't necessarily speedrunning. As in, either races between people playing through RPGs/Strategy games or runs done by really knowledgable and preferably not annoying.insufferable people.

Many A True Nerd did runs of Fallout 3 and of New Vegas where he killed everything he came across, runs where he refused to kill anything, runs where he refused to heal through the entire game + DLCs to see if it was doable on one life bar, & (my personal favorite) a Don't Starve run of New Vegas in Hardcore mode without eating, drinking or sleeping. He's currently doing a run of Fallout 4 in the Survival difficulty without using any guns, and he just started a run of New Vegas with the JSawyer difficulty mod. I can't imagine the amount of research he went through to pull some of that poo poo off.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

morallyobjected posted:

I can't second this one enough. It's also one where you very much want to read the thread if you have archives

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515317

Well worth it!