Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
I'd like to recommend Tin Tim's current LP of Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter.

The game is both an FPS and a space fighter combat game, and it is both awesome and terrible. Some aspects of the game are excellent, such as the gun design and the animations, and parts of certain levels have amazing attention to detail. But then the game screws over the player with bad checkpoints and unfair difficulty spikes, or ruins all dramatic tension with bad voice acting or hillariously inept cutscenes. Watching an LP of Mace Griffin is a far superior experience than actually playing it, and Tin Tim's commentary is funny and informative. He manages to keep his enthusiasm about the game's good aspects even as the flawed parts of the game do their best to sap his sanity.

The icing on the cake is that he replaced the game's generic soundtrack with a custom soundtrack of appropriately sci-fi sounding synth music that fits so perfectly you would think that it was the game's original music. Even the crappest level with the shittiest gameplay becomes an enjoyable experience with that fantastic music and Tim Tim's marvellous commentary.

Tim Tim also did a great LP of Shogo: Mobile Armor Division, which is on the LP archive. He also did the custom soundtrack thing there (in part because the game's soundtrack has problems and can even cause the game to crash). I actually rewatched that LP because there were several parts that were so laugh-out-loud funny, plus it's enjoyable just to listen to the music. (And it's a super competent and informative LP too.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Are there any good LPs of the original Half-Life around? Don't seem to be any on the archive.

I intend to LP original Half-Life - and all of the expansions by Gearbox Software - after I've finished my current LPs of Singularity and Darkest of Days.

I used to write for Planet Half-Life and I was known on various Half-Life forums as "the official Half-Life guru". :)

I must warn you, though, I update at a rate of about a video a month. (Sometimes slower!) So... don't get too excited too soon.

your evil twin fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Feb 10, 2015