Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is there a blind Dark Souls 1 LP anywhere that doesn't have the player in super-tank-havel-heal mode by the end? Besides Geop, and I'm asking for youtube too if you must.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

BMS posted:

And just what's wrong with Super Heavy Havel Healin'? :colbert:

When the 3 other LP's I watched all end the same set-up which is Havel+great weapon, it gets kinda monotonous. I watched both DS runs on Giantbomb and kinda petered out once I realized the 2nd half of the game was the same once they both found Havel's armor.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Does anyone know of a good Persona 4 Let's Play that shows off the voice acting? The one in the archives for just Persona 4 has almost all the videos missing and the one for Persona 4 Golden doesn't seem to have any video to show off the characters talking.

There's long plays that have no commentary if you're looking for that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Migeman posted:

Are there any decent Dark Souls 2 LP's floating about? I'm watching Iggy Igsen's current LP I feel like watching another. Ideally an informative one similar to his.

Outside of SA, there's EpicNameBro who was part of the team that wrote the guide although warning that he doesn't do everything and isn't touching the DLC for a long time.

I would avoid TheGermanSpy if you don't want one of the many LP's that constantly complain about DS2 compared to DS1 and Demon Souls (he also wrote part of the guide, yet doesn't know basic mechanics of the game somehow).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The quality of the walkthrough became less because of outside circumstances involving his financial issues (and I think there was a 2 month break between videos at one point). He did state he was burnt out on DS2, but that was because he worked on the guide, he still likes the game unlike basically every other LPer that played DS1 and Demon Souls prior.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Are there any video LPs out there that would be a good example of covering a complicated game, where the LPer has to make an effort to explain lots of intricate game mechanics? So not something they can make a side comment like "by the way, fire does double damage to ice" but more like "Ok, so now I need to cover the parry system, which is actually pretty deep. Blah blah blah etc"

Are you asking besides Chip's platinum videos?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

dreezy posted:

He also said that Kanji from Persona 4 was actually gay. Way to miss the point of his character entirely.

Blame Troy Baker for that. I think most of people that think Kanji is suppressed gay is because either they never been in that situation or from Baker's speech on Kanji.

I bet he felt confused when Golden came out and absolutely hammered the fact that he's not gay.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fedule posted:

Anyone recommend a VLP of NieR: Automata? Preferably either blind or with a blind participant.

Did you already watch kyles stream, who's the va of 9s?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

And if you want outside source, killscottkill has a full playthrough up and he wrote the gamefaq guide that everyone recommends.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Roluth posted:

I found a Youtube channel with the same name, but the Persona 5 videos he has up are all just some videos of social links and/or videos of the Japanese version. Can you provide a link?

https://www.twitch.tv/killscottkill/videos/all

Currently just on twitch because of the atlus stream fear.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

XeeD posted:

Is there a good LP of Mortal Kombat X anywhere? All I've been able to find is either in Russian, German, or yelling.

Ooh, the yelling part might not be your thing then. I was gonna recommend a channel that has a blind playthrough with guys that are total MK lore nerds.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

I wouldn't mind a link,myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otKa99ZAiec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

NiftyBottle posted:

There are a few goon lps of Yakuza 1 and 2, but I can't find any of the more recent ones that haven't been abandoned since July. Does anybody have recs for decent non-goon lps of Kiwami or 0?

Superbestfriends has a finished run of 0 piloted by pat who's a Yakuza fan.