Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Does anyone know of a good 100% complete playthrough of Metroid Prime Trilogy I could watch? I want to view it with as much quality as possible with the additions the Trilogy gave it. I would really prefer it to be done without commentary, since it seems to ruin the atmosphere for me when people talk over it.

The only LP on the forums is from Blackbelt Bobman from 2008, and all of the videos are dead. I tried looking on YouTube, but quality was either lacking (one just had a camera pointed at an angle towards the screen), there was way-too-loud commentary ( Deceased Crab levels of awful), it was not a 100% complete run, or was in another language.

I would appreciate it if anyone would help me on this matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Lance Streetman posted:

Assuming you're talking about the game, Metroid Prime Trilogy, it doesn't visibly improve a whole lot on the original games. It adds the controls system from Prime 3 to the first two games, makes the first two games widescreen, gives 1 an added bloom effect, and makes 2 slightly easier. All great improvements, but nothing you're going to notice unless you're actually playing the games. If you really want to see, though, I'd suggest just looking for walkthroughs that have "no commentary" in the title.

I appreciate your response. I thought they might have uprezzed the visuals, but I guess that can't really happen on the Wii with three games on one disc. I thought that perhaps they added some extra stuff to the game, like scenes and other content, but it sounds like they didn't.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Anyone got a good VLP of Evil Genius? I know there's screenshot one, but most of the images are missing, not to mention I want to watch someone who knows what they're doing set up their base and get everything going, preferably on the Hard difficulty.

I know it sounds boring, but I don't mind that.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

EricFate posted:

Unfortunately the game always breaks before anyone can ever get around to finishing it.
It's a shame that the devs didn't get more time to work on it. Do you know if Evil Genius Online is any good?

Marcade posted:

It's not an SA VLP, but a guy named Gaming Shenanigans/GreyHunter did an LP of Evil Genius here. I only watched part of it but I've enjoyed some of his other LPs so it may be worth a shot.

I'll take your word for it and try him out.

Edit: Other than him having an annoying habit of smacking his lips before he talks, it's pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation.

AMReese fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 4, 2015

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Anyone have any good streams or VLPs of GalCiv 3 and/or Elite: Dangerous going on? I don't really have a mind for strategy, but those games look awesome, and I want someone who knows what they're doing play those games.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Anyone know of any good VLPs of Tom Clancy's EndWar that uses the voice recognition feature? The only one I found with a sizeable number of views on YouTube, the guy didn't finish the game.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

If anyone wants a good playthrough of Resonance of Fate with great quality but without commentary, I've got one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWMp606vP0

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Zain posted:

I'm kinda glad, but at the same time would love it if someone could explain the combat in a way to maximize everything. It's a great game but sooo confusing to get into.

I stopped playing because I kept losing to the first boss. I've only really watched that LP with it. I've glanced through this video and it seems they explain what's going on in the combat. It's a two-person LP, too. I watched a boss battle they did and they were thinking it out out-loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzGPMvAt0bY

AMReese fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 1, 2015

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Kung Fu Jesus did stream himself starting and beating Final Fantasy IX. I don't know how good it is and if there are any missing spots in the video, but he did upload most - if not all - of it to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOPHtpj66mHs9plE99QM-OpoeAqMqgaU6

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Any good LPs of Dead Island that doesn't skip the story?

(It's a shame Criken never released a full version of him playing it with his friends)

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I forgot that Freelance Astronauts never completed LBA.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Well, Research Indicates was not only the precursor to those, but perhaps the master. I'm not sure if you've watched any of his LPs, so I'll just say watch and enjoy if you haven't already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDK6Q2v8HPg

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

edit: Weird that this post showed up after my second attempt. My bad.

AMReese fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 11, 2016

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

My post seems to have been lost in the board, or at least I'm not seeing it. I'll post again in the hopes that it does get seen, though.

If you want a good strategy VLP, you could watch generalwo's LP of two of the campaigns from Napoleon: Total War. He has a good voice, and the way he plays is explained by him and interesting to watch. It's just a shame that he stopped doing them years ago and only did those two. I would have liked to have seen him play some of the newer Total War games or even other series' entirely.

http://www.youtube.com/user/generalwo

Edit: By the way, I haven't noticed, but is anyone doing an LP of "This War of Mine"?

AMReese fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 12, 2016

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Orange Fluffy Sheep's breaking of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

I interpreted "break" as glitches, if you mean the difficulty curve just about anything by OFS that's not an LLG in someone else' thread is a good bet.
He exploits the game by using a unintentional feature that allows him to make the game a cakewalk. I consider that breaking it.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I didn't mean that Stealing wasn't a part of the game. But when you're save-scumming to the point where you're grabbing everything from everyone and being OP for most, if not th entirety, of the game, I consider that breaking the game.

It's like in FF Type-0 HD where you can set the clock ahead and train all of your characters to easily handle anything thrown at them. It wasn't meant to be used that way.

Anyways, it's a little difficult to come across actual LPs of someone breaking a game, when the majority of those types of videos are just a series of unconnected videos. Most of the time you just end up having to reset or going to another part of the game rather than keep going in an LP format.

AMReese fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 16, 2016

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

The only LP going on right now, since the game just came out, is this one.

He picked Terriermon, and he's voicing the dialogue, so... Have fun with that.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I didn't watch the VLP but I liked Puzzle Agent.

Oh, and SGF streaming himself playing a blind run through 999.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Air is lava! posted:

pedrovay2003 and his wife have a good dynamic.
I'd be concerned if this wasn't the case.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Not to get off topic, but the longplays of the Zero games seem like they were made by a speedrunner, only stopping to let dialogue play out. The same guy has done all of them, so if you're curious, here's one for the first game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7sK51i5vUQ

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Are there any good no alarm/no damage playthroughs of the original Splinter Cell (and perhaps its sequels if done by the same person)? The LP I found on here doesn't do 100% stealth like I want.

I'd prefer if there wasn't any commentary, but I'd accept it if the speaker is good enough.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I don't know of their quality or if there are any missions videos, but Brass Monkey did a VLP of all three games. You'll need archive access for the threads since they're not on LPARchive, so I'll provide links to his channels just in case. Just a warning that English isn't his first language.

Dino Crisis 1 Thread
Dino Crisis 2 Thread
Dino Crisis 3 Thread
DC1 and 2 on Dalymotion
DC3 on Vimeo

If that doesn't work out, maybe someone else can suggest something.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Anyone got an entertaining blind LP or stream of Saints Row 3 or 4?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Does Danny O'Dwyer's "naked and gunless" run of Fallout 3 count?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Suspicious did all of those games. Here's Hexen. The rest are archived, so they shouldn't be hard to find. The only one that isn't is Heretic II, but it's hosted on Baldurdash and has unlisted YouTube mirrors.

The only downside is the quality, since some of them were in '07 and '08.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

When it comes to Hitman, I always go to my man Zevik. He always plays on the highest difficulty, doesn't provide commentary so you can just enjoy the music and the sound design, and he doesn't show any screw-ups so you can just watch a nice flawless run of each of the Hitman games in the highest quality, both visually and gameplay-wise. I don't think he's done the newest release yet, though.

I have a question of my own, though. Out of the three Skyward Sword LPs, which do you guys think I should watch? I tried watching Thornbrain, but that co-commentator was so obnoxious that I didn't really want to continue. But if it's the only one that tries to show off everything in the game, then I can stomach it if I have to.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Thanks, I appreciate it. JordanKai is already doing more than ThornBrain did by talking to all the NPCs, so I'm enjoying it more. That, and the two are pretty funny.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Nice piece of fish posted:

I'll wait for that Zevik dude.
In the meantime, you should watch his past playthroughs of the other Hitman games. They're a good indicator of the kind of work he puts into each stage of the game.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

The only Metroid game that doesn't have Metroids at all is Metroid Prime: Hunters, and I'm pretty sure he never did an LP of that. So, I'm guessing you're looking for one where they lied to him to get a reaction, and I have no idea. Sorry.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

What do you guys consider the best LP of Dark Souls II and Scholars of the First Sin?

I was watching a little bit of Geop's, but I don't really want to watch a blind LP. Rather an informed one that shows off all the quests and NPCs and stuff. There are a few of them on SA but I'm not sure which one to watch, if I should even watch them as compared to a YouTube LP that one of you might recommend.

Thanks for any information.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I already did that before asking, but I'll think on it.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah, I'm in the middle of Iggy's LP of it. It's a little difficult to understand him at times, but he's showing off a good amount of it, which is all I need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Anyone know of any good blind playthroughs of Grand Theft Auto V? They don't necessarily have to be LPs, as streams or just casual playing works. I just want to see a good, funny reaction to the stuff that happens in GTA V with someone who hasn't played it before.