Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

AMReese posted:

Does anyone know of a good 100% complete playthrough of Metroid Prime Trilogy I could watch? I want to view it with as much quality as possible with the additions the Trilogy gave it. I would really prefer it to be done without commentary, since it seems to ruin the atmosphere for me when people talk over it.

The only LP on the forums is from Blackbelt Bobman from 2008, and all of the videos are dead. I tried looking on YouTube, but quality was either lacking (one just had a camera pointed at an angle towards the screen), there was way-too-loud commentary ( Deceased Crab levels of awful), it was not a 100% complete run, or was in another language.

I would appreciate it if anyone would help me on this matter.

Assuming you're talking about the game, Metroid Prime Trilogy, it doesn't visibly improve a whole lot on the original games. It adds the controls system from Prime 3 to the first two games, makes the first two games widescreen, gives 1 an added bloom effect, and makes 2 slightly easier. All great improvements, but nothing you're going to notice unless you're actually playing the games. If you really want to see, though, I'd suggest just looking for walkthroughs that have "no commentary" in the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

AMReese posted:

I appreciate your response. I thought they might have uprezzed the visuals, but I guess that can't really happen on the Wii with three games on one disc. I thought that perhaps they added some extra stuff to the game, like scenes and other content, but it sounds like they didn't.

Nah, it's fairly bare bones. You really notice the improvements when you're playing the game (especially the widescreen), but on a video it's basically the same game.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

I would also strongly, strongly recommend branching out into his magnum opus, the Drakengard series. I PM'd him once to alert him that Drakengard 3 was coming out, and as I never got a reply, I can only assume he fled the country in advance. :v:

He did reply, right here.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

It's been mentioned before, but it seriously looks like an ad. It blends into the page too well and doesn't stand out enough, so if you're not looking for it you're likely to not notice it.