Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I would like to reccomend DeadRodents LP of Outlast, A horror game about a journalist investigating an asylum. It is his first LP, and as such, very impressive. His tone is reminiscent of Nigguraths approach to LPing, calm and almost soothing. However, his commentary is scarcer and he takes a more personal approach, to the game, making you feel like he is as scared and freaked out as the protagonist. But calmly.

Anyway, I could try to describe it all day, but the point is, go watch this LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

death .cab for qt posted:

I want to like this guy but he reads every single document out loud, regardless of what it is. He'd be perfect if he didn't do that, but holy poo poo is it annoying to have him read everything aloud.

It seems to be a thing Youtube LP'ers do. Just a few days ago I was looking for an LP of the first Persona game since there is no SA one and every one I found read the characters lines out loud. I have no idea why they do it.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

VagueRant posted:

Assume this is the right thread to ask, but does anyone know where on the whole wide internet I can find a screenshot LP of Vagrant Story?

(I lack both archives access and the ability to convince The White Dragon to preserve his LP of it for future generations. :smith:)

Here you go!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

ooops, sorry!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

insanityv2 posted:

So I shotgunned all of mzbundifund and bacter's stuff over the past couple of weeks and I'm looking for more co-op vlps with someone who knows probably too much about a game and the bumbling relative newcomer. I've already watched and enjoyed Geops Dark Souls and faeriefortune's Ocarina Let's Plays. Any other recs?

Faeriefortune is also playing through all the Pikmin games blind with gnome7 as her guide. She is currently taking a break because of a hand injury but the first game and a good chunk of the second is already done.

Here's the thread.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I'm dry on video LPs where people shoot poo poo about dumb JRPGs. Enchanted Arms LP hasn't grabbed me yet, the Eternal Sonata LP updates very slowly, and Skies of Arcadia LP is ending soon - what else is there?

Well there is The Last Story by Wateyad, Porklift and EatingOnlyApples, as well as Fragile Dreams by Wateyad and Porklift. You might also like Blue Stinger by Panzer Skank and OatmealRaisin.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

MNSNTZR posted:

I'll throw in another recommendation for SGF's The Witness, but for different non-puzzleloving reasons: it's just an incredibly comfortable and lowkey LP. I fall asleep to it and LPs like it (particularly CannibalK9's The Void or The Talos Principle) very often. Which isn't to say they're bad players playing bad games. They're great players with comfy voices playing really well thought-out and comfy games.

That said, I'd like to request a recommendation for a good horror VLP that isn't from your typical franchise - less Silent Hill, more Rule of Rose. Anybody doing stuff like that nowadays?

I assume you've already seen all of Nigguraths lp's?

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

TwoDayLife posted:

Maybe give Blackout a shot: http://lparchive.org/Blackout/

Clay animated Scandinavian surreal horror noir adventure game.

Danish to be exact

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Patrick Spens posted:

Does anybody know of and Dark Souls (or Bloodborne) LPs that are a) Done by someone who knows what they are doing, and b) edited? Something like that Level 1 playthough that go abandoned because the LPer went loco.

Genocyber is currently doing an excellent informative LP of Bloodbourne that is not getting nearly enough love.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

morallyobjected posted:

my wife hates playing scary games but loves watching them. any recommendations for subtitled horror-ish games (she doesn't like people talking over stuff very much)? we've already watched Bioshock, SOMA, and Outlast

Look up Voidburger on the LP archive, she has done great subtitled LP's of several silent hill games.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Beelerzebub posted:

Does anyone know of any good Yakuza 1 and 2 LP's?

I am enjoying watching Mikeycp and Another Person's LP's of the series. They have played through Yakuza 1 and 2, which are on he archive and are currently on three.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Sociopastry posted:

is there a Little Nightmares LP? I tried playing it myself but I am a HUGE WEENIE and can't handle scary games.

Voidburger streamed it recently, it was quite good, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbzFwm0D21w

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Crane Fist posted:

Anyone seen any good Resident Evil 7 LPs anywhere? Like ones with no scarecam, basically. Youtube is a wasteland and if I wanted to watch some idiot fail and die over and over I'd record myself playing it. Looking for something like Lunethex's RE runs, where you watch it and go oooh, that's how you're supposed to play it

SGF bubmbled through it, I liked his playthrough. Although, since it is a blind LP, you will be annoyed at him at times. I tend to just skip forward a bit when he gets stuck for a long time though, works well enough if frustrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYwB_oiXvVg

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Are there any good LPs of The Evil Within 2 (not streams or blind runs)?

It is blind, but Scruffy made a great and comprehensive LP of it over at the LP Zone. It has a little bit of fumbling but he is generally very competent and the videos are edited to minimise any unnecessary running around or backtracking.
https://www.lp.zone/t/gotta-get-those-sweet-day-1-lp-bucks-with-the-evil-within-2/2453/71

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Oh! I couldn't find it, looked here first. For some reason it was not on the masterlist and not yet on the LP Archive. My bad!