Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
It might be a bit of banner blindness, but for me, it's really the fact that all the update links are below in the actual content of the page, and the Internet Archive link is above. It almost looks like a header. I'm just not looking in that area when I go to watch the updates.

I do wonder how much of the archive could be replaced by a link to a YouTube Playlist and an Internet Archive link, though. Perhaps we should have those as standard features at the top of every archived LP.

Moving it to where the update links normally are and giving it a gray background would help a lot more than reshaping it to be less banner-y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
The thing about Spec Ops is that it's impossible to recommend it, because telling you why we're recommending it will spoil it. But please go play Spec Ops, or at the very least just watch OatmealRaisin's LP.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
I thought it was an 90s FMV game that tumblr had recently discovered and was ironically playing or something.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

slowbeef posted:

I think the one thing is it's hard to identify challenges that aren't one trick ponies. I was thinking of Swordless LoZ 1 (I used an initialism, am I gamer now?) but apparently a lot of it is luck manipulation and bomb farming?

That's an acronym, beef.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
"LoZ OoT" is pronounced like "lawsuit" because Shigeru Miyamoto was once in a lawsuit. It's true. I heard it from DidYouKnowGaming.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
He killed a guy from DUI. He is a criminal and video games are not important enough to let criminals out of jail.

My mother was killed by a drunk driver when I was 9. I have no sympathy for him.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Keeshhound posted:

Please don't be an rear end in a top hat, thanks. He's expressed sincere regret, and is trying to be a better person.

Regret doesn't make people come back.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
I don't like Valkhorn because he did a LP of Super Mario Bros. 3 and tried to make it informative, but got almost all of his information and history wrong. It's sort of impressive how much he was able to just lie through his teeth.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
i heard there was a funny joke about women that started three days late, i don't want to miss it

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

Who the gently caress is Fedule, I must ensure that my outrage is directed towards admins and other important people, not some random posters I've never even encountered.

VVVVV
That may seem reasonable to you, but in my madness I'm no longer bound by any man's rationality. Like an animal I thirst for one thing, and one thing only - an explicit verdict that tedious furries are the cornerstone of this subforum.

Your posting is, like, really bad, dude. And that's coming from me.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nihilarian posted:

why, exactly?

I stopped watching their videos when they talked about the radio spectrum "running out" and apparently didn't even read the Wikipedia article about what a radio is and how it works. And somehow the radio spectrum "running out" would cause all your phones to stop working and your games to lock up if they tried to enter multiplayer.

Then there was the one about the AI Singularity and said how it would totes happen in our lifetimes, guise!!! Watch out for our new robot overlords!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Pollyanna posted:

I'm up to 6 in the big ol' Mario Party LP, and I gotta say, the only good part of the LP is the videos themselves. Which is typically the case, but the thread is especially awful compared to the FSA thread. Half the posts are either annoying cheerleading and creepy goonery, or ungrateful snippiness on the part of Kaz and pokecapn due to the former, and it just makes everyone look bad.

It might be because I stayed up till 6AM watching turns 45-50, but it's put a bad taste in my mouth and I don't like anything involved, not even the LPers. I actually had to just plain skip to the end of MP5 because it got boring as hell. Let's hope 6 will be better (it won't).

IMO, if you have to choose between Mario Party and Four Swords Adventures, watch the latter.

I thought Putty was a joke LPer? At least, I remember nobody taking him seriously and there being some sort of LP goon drama around him. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Putty is a former-GBS-superstar-turned-LP-superstar. Also, finish your program.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rincewind posted:

Are there any good video LPs of The Last Express? I'm super interested in that game, but I know I'll never have the patience to actually, like, play it.

Yes.

http://lparchive.org/The-Last-Express/

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
geop, slowbeef, raocow, putty, me

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Anything with Vicas is good. Geop's Dark Souls LP is really, really good. Go watch that if you haven't. Also, the Donkey Kong 64 LP and Mario 64-but-feet.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Dr. Kill's Zelda LPs are, indeed, really good.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
I broke Neopets by farming for six hours and then buying endgame gear.

Also, is the "don't plug your own thread" rule still in effect for on-theme recommendations? I did some glitch LPs a bit ago.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
dongs.exe perhaps?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ghost of Starman posted:

Was there some dark and horrible mystery that got the Ribbit King LP excised from the Internet?

Yes.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
His LP is finishing next episode clocking in at 81 videos. Geop's LP had around 112. You might want to rethink your hypothesis.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Also, "fingerless quadriplegic" is redundant.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

I watched the first four episodes and they sucked enough that I didn't watch the rest, and that was the opinion I stated.

lmao at four being "a while in"

you post bad

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

While we're on the subject, can anyone recommend some great Let's Play meltdowns?

Goons are responsible, mature adults who do not throw temper tantrums at video games.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Geop's Dark Souls LP is one of the best LPs on the forum, period. Watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
im never unironically watching game theory