Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
Agreed - Scorchy's KOTOR 2 LP is pretty drat good, and shows why, for me, it's easily the better of the two games and could have been so much better still had Obsidian been given more than a year to make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
Thing is, unless you play in ironman mode, what is the functional difference between being able to die in a game but loading from the last save and not being able to die and being returned to the beginning of the challenge that killed you (especially in a game where you can save wherever you like)? I know the feeling is different, but in terms of progress through the game, they're all but identical - the only real difference I can see is the lack of loading screens between screwing up and trying again.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011

Fat Samurai posted:

Of course there are!*

*"Good" is subjective.

I'm pretty sure he asked for the original half life, rather than half life 2...

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
Ah. That'll teach me to take the title at face value and not actually read the posts...

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011

Violet_Sky posted:

Does anyone know of a good way to watch video LPs that aren't on Archive.org? I've been trying to watch b00n's Doom 3 LP, but the links are dead. :saddowns:

You do know that the "Download AVI" links still work, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
Scott Manley (mentioned above for Kerbal Space Program and Xenonauts) has a finished one on Youtube, if you're interested in a video one; not seen anything on SA though. He's not amazing at the game, but he's fairly decent and as the game progresses he cuts out a lot of the boring stuff.