Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tae posted:

Is there a blind Dark Souls 1 LP anywhere that doesn't have the player in super-tank-havel-heal mode by the end? Besides Geop, and I'm asking for youtube too if you must.

Kay Plays did a Wizard I think. It takes a while to get rolling though (both gameplay and LP wise).
She also did DS2 and is doing Demons' but people complained about magic and ever since she's stuck to physical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

slowbeef posted:

Metal Gear

I don't know if this is the right place to mention it, but didn't you do LPs of this and MG2? Whatever happened to those?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

slowbeef posted:

In 2004, I made a "strategy guide" for MG2 for my website. It's on my computer back home. I keep forgetting to upload it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20121107223813/http://slowbeef.com/MG2/

e: holy poo poo, that was a decade ago...

Thanks a bunch! That was my first exposure to MG2 outside of MGS1's summaries and I found it hilarious back then.
And yeah, time sure flies.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Mega64 posted:

What's the most Christmas-themed LP's you can think of? Screenshot or video are fine. I'm fine with (and encourage) loose arguments as to what makes a LP a Christmas LP.

The Fangames thread had a couple Christmas themed MGS and Megaman games.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I thought the Wii one was nice but apparently no one played that version.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
No no, the Forgotten Sands on Wii was a completely different game, whole other plot and gameplay.
I did play Two Thrones on Wii and finished the whole thing so eh, sucks if it was buggy. I never really ran into anything of the sort other than awful nunchuk segments.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Well, there's the ones on the LP Archive that are basically hybrid LPs. Persona 2 and 3 by Schildkrote, but these seem to have lost their videos due to being on Googlevideo. There's Persona 3 Portable (female route) and 4 by Feinne. There's also P4 the Golden but that's screenshots only. Note that all of these are narrative LPs.
If you're in the mood for stupidly long youtube video playthroughs, I'm currently halfway through this one and enjoying it. It's 180+ videos of P3 FES with all social links maxed, and it isn't loud or too annoying but that could just be me. I think he also did P4 at some point.
I don't think anyone's really attempted P1 because of how annoying it actually is to play.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think it might have been her guesting on her friend's channel. They do lots of dumb or good horror games streams. I think it's here.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Here's Summer Spooktakular!
Man, Ao Oni and whoever modded it to play Entrance of the Gladiators was great.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Many, many people ignore what the game actually says just so they can get self-confirmation. It's pretty annoying.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Make it purple.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I dunno if this fits but Panzer and Skippygranola's Saints Row LPs might be up your alley? Although those are a bit more unhinged due to the nature of the games.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The artists formerly known as C and I

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
My biggest gripe with him is the character voicing thing but otherwise he's ok.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I know she's mentioned a bunch but KayPlays has a good blind playthrough of the Hong Kong version. She manages to cover the tendency events through luck with the servers.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

pokie posted:

I finished the SIlent Hill lp by VoidBurger. It was pretty fun. It's hard to imagine now why that game took off. Awkward combat, nonsensical plot...

Anywho, I would like to see a nice schadenfreude-filled LP. Something like Ninja Gaiden or Kaizo Mariuo World whatever.
Have you watched any Ride to Hell content?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think Fox (or whoever owns the IP) actually takes down videos of the X-Files games for whatever reason? Or at least I recall a one-off X-File video by the Best Friends getting removed.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Is this Ok enough?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSF8Sc0fOdw

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Original or SotFS?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's this gif of a guy LPing Darkest Dungeon with a facecam who gets so mad at the game he destroys his keyboard and camera? But I don't know who it is.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Covok posted:

Can ya post the gif? Might be funny.
Part of the reason I mentioned it is cause I can't find the gif anymore, but Orv's come through here.
Jeez, what a temper.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
"IT COULD BE LIKE THAT"
That was amazing, thanks for the link.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
A lot of people really switched to streaming, whether once a week or every night. It's pretty lucrative compared to LPs too.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
For how hyped this guy he's really obnoxious and it baffles me that NorthernLion is more entertaining and almost more competent than him at DS3.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Funny, I was just about to post those same videos. They're early material so might not be so good.
Coincidentally, I think he also did Dragon's Crown with his fiancee? EDIT: I'm wrong, she joins for a few episodes but it's mostly another dude.

HGH fucked around with this message at 08:17 on May 18, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's pretty good so far, be be warned it doesn't have a fixed schedule and is kinda advancing at a snails pace due to how meticulous she's being.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
He said in his first post he really hated that one for some reason.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I figured it was just their brand of humor that rubbed them the wrong way.
Thing is I can't think of an Until Dawn LP/stream that isn't really noisy. The game really gets people talking, and since all the characters have such pronounced personalities it usually elicits some loud reactions.
Does this work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA17sy5uV2g

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Looking for a nice video LP of DanganRonpaV3? Although streams are ok too if there's no better option.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah shoulda mentioned I've been watching VNBC, but it's more of a roundtable discussion after the fact. More interested in live commentary or the "Series Expert+Blind Newbie" formula but I guess that might be asking for too much. That couple LP looks pretty good though so thanks!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So basically watch GameGrumps if you don't give a drat about video games.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Didn't mean to accuse you, they just tend to drop games completely randomly and whether they discuss what's on screen or decide to do some loud routine is also completely left to chance. If you're watching specifically for the game in question it won't be very entertaining. This isn't about some "correctness demand", just viewer priorities. For example, I haven't played Majora's Mask so this would probably be a terrible place to start, and I wouldn't direct someone who wanted a video about Majora's Mask here.
Also from what I see they still do some offensive stuff, especially with regards to Asians.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Rarity posted:

What happened here?
It was a while after the truth came out about Schmorky. Lowtax planned a post-mortem stream of sorts for GamingGarbage and his daughter was on it. He had explained the situation to her, because Schmorky had previously been to their place and interacted with them, so she was poo poo talking Schmorky on stream and they had decorated the place with some empty diapers to poke fun at the whole thing(according to Lowtax it was the kid's idea).
This really upset certain people who proceeded to sling some ridiculous accusations of child abuse at Lowtax (never you mind he had just found out someone he trusted was a creep and did everything he could to cut him out of his life). Turns out accusing the site owner of child exploitation wasn't the best idea and he perma-banned them directly (with a big custom message not even letting them access SA). Several LPers here decided to post banmes in protest soon after and left.

NGDBSS posted:

Most likely we're talking about the kerfuffle in which VB and Psychedelic Eyeball got shadowbanned after a dumb Twitter flamewar, but I would be rather surprised if that were the reason CC chose not to post a thread. That debacle was at least a year ago if not two (I forget) now, and in between that CC has a lot of activity on this subforum.
It was early 2017 but I think the fact that they live together and have their own LP forum with a thread there might actually contribute to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Since YouTube is destroying all annotations forever soon, are there any good annotated LPs out there?