Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Roar posted:

Don't you goddamn dare, the main humor came from how much you guys hosed around while going back and forth.

Agreeing with this. Plus the constant stream of absolutely nothing happening makes the one scene where something happens near the end even more satisfying‎

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Lazyfire posted:

He was also running a ton of giveaways and contests in the videos to draw in views and likes and such at that point, so he was basically doing the exact things you would expect of someone desperately trying to grow their channel.

That is legitimately really sad, that people won't watch him even if they get stuff in exchange.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Lunethex posted:

I want to read LPs of 4x games, strategy games in general, preferably ones already on the archive, content in the vein of Distant Worlds and Star Wars: Rebellion.

What are some good recommendations?

Bobbin Threadbare did a fantastic Galactic Civilizations II LP. I really can't recommend it enough.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If there's anything I've learned about the Czech, it's that they make amazing adventure games.

And by amazing I mean what the gently caress is wrong with the Czechs.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I seem to remember another Czech adventure game featuring a protagonist who kept reminding everyone he was from Bohemia. There was a lighthouse involved, I think.

Holy poo poo I can't believe anyone remembers that. The game was Next Life, and featured the absolute worst protagonist I've ever seen.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

You forgot to mention that after Drake gets some supernatural power in the first level he decides that he's invincible and jumps out of a twenty-story building.

Turns out he's wrong.

To be fair I'd do the exact same thing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Speaking of :smith:

I check up on these guys like, once a month just out of morbid curiosity. They're not even offensively bad although I can't... really stand to watch them for more than three minutes. They're trying to be a low rent Game Grumps without any kind of actual recording equipment.

It's just so bizarre, they have HUNDREDS of videos and none of them ever break 30 views. They're clearly having fun doing it so all the power to them, but it's just... so bizarre :stare:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Vindolanda posted:

I had a search, but no luck thus far - does anyone know the name of the game that was LP'd in which you were the hero, and one sort-of love interest was the daughter of a lord and trying to influence you towards good, while the other was a demonic sort of thing (that maybe was inside your head for some of the game?). It was first person, and I remember that that the LP involved a lot of kicking and that it was often easier just to kick enemies than try to fight them. Also early on in one of the videos the LPer had to kill a troll that had just burst in through the castle gate by using a big mounted crossbow.

Does any of this ring a bell with anyone? If this isn't the right thread for requests you can take this as a recommendation too, the video LP was hilarious.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

I'm not sure which LP you're thinking of, but that's definitely the game

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Scaramouche posted:

I believe that TieTuesday is in the process of doing all the Humungous games (Pajama Sam, Putt Putt, Fatty Bear, etc.). Can't find any playlists though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxFYM-Kgtm4
(Pajama Sam 1)

Personally I like the Putt Putt ones better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIvyV5qNKww

TieTuesday is a rad and hilarious dude and I literally can't recommend him enough

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If anyone hasn't seen the masterpiece that is Ballion I legitimately pity you

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Why do people keep using imgur when Lpix exists? :saddowns: I like reading SSLPs on night shift downtimes but the firewall blocks imgur. This is like the third one I'll have to pass on since I can't see the pictures

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CaptainScraps posted:

I really like watching drunk people play videogames. I watched all the medibot/Kaz/kungfujesus Mario parties and I'm working my way through dokapon kingdom with danaru and grace and loving it.

Any other recommendations?

Kuvo and Co. playing Magic Knight Rayearth is an absolute treasure. It's got almost the same crew as Geop's Wind Waker LP (minus Geop, plus Minifoo) and the game itself turns out to be super charming.

There's also Kuvo and Topikal playing FFXV with Bandunk popping in and out mind you that game is far less charming. A wine cube gets involved during a giant Assassin's Creed advertisement disguised as a DLC though.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

What? How does that even qualify as an LP at that point?

It was a single episode april fools joke

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
People have said they watch Grace and I the same way, in the background while doing other stuff, and the game itself is secondary. I don't really see why that's a mind boggling concept.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

DoubleNegative posted:

I'm looking for a specific screenshot LP where the author kept track of the game's various dick moves. I know it's on the archive, but there are a lot of LPs on the archive. It's not Xenogears.

This is kind of a longshot, but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.

Not dick moves specifically, but EpeeEm's Megaman Battle Network 4 had a pretty prolific gently caress-up counter.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"Mighty Number 9 shouldn't have to compromise it's artistic integrity for people with disabilities" is the absolute most galaxy brain hill I've ever seen someone die on, and I'm the guy committed to dying on the hill of "Metal Gear Survive is actually very good"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Nakar's Ultima series (Starting with 6 at least, the previous ones use emotes for dialogue portraits which is a little harder to follow nowadays) I'd say is at the same level of The Dark Id's Drakengard series in that it's mostly a rewritten narrative LP but still manages to be super informative. Also it's loving gut bustingly hilarious.