Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm looking for a decent voiced LP of the Ratchet and Clank series

Danger Mahoney posted:

I'm looking for some let's plays where the person doing them is crazy good at the game and just breaks it apart. Like they know every nook and cranny of the game, maybe some exploits, and they are good at explaining what's going on. I would prefer if the games weren't overdone ones like OOT or mario 64 or something.

http://lparchive.org/Spyro-2-Riptos-Rage-%28by-Just-A-Friend%29/

http://lparchive.org/Spyro-3-Year-of-the-Dragon/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kalonZombie posted:

Please remember that as you're watching these, Tools of Destruction is my first LP ever and I basically had no idea what I was doing. It's pretty rough around the edges, ESPECIALLY in the first few videos.

How many of the first view are "rough" and is rough like really lovely humor? Or is it bad editting? Or..?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any good LP's of Silent Hill that do the series in full and really do justice to the tiny nuances that people who aren't crazy will miss?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there someone who isn't the RunButton guys? They're kind of crap at LPing games that are thematic.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a tutorial style LP for X3 Megaman games are all the show up in the archive, and I'm looking to buy X3 but I want to know how to play it first.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Do you mean just X3 or all the X games? If you know how to play MMX you'll know how to play X3. If you haven't played MMX I recommend just playing that because the first level teaches you 95% of the mechanics. Most of the content in the games can be found easily (minus just a couple secrets) without a guide.

Maybe I just suck at searching but I can't find it on their channel or mirrored somewhere on youtube. Did they user another handle besides tippingforties ?

edit: I asked one of them on Twitter if they did bg1 or 2 and he said no. too bad :(

I forgot a comma or something, I want to learn how to play the sandbox spaceship game X3, but all I can find on the archives are the megaman games.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[[Blah blah stupid drama removed]] -Geop

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm looking for a good LP of the Valkyria Chronicles, either on or off site, the only good LP I found was deceit penguins and almost everything was broken or missing.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My idea was to replace all of the music with sublime and Ska music while getting blazed.

Have any good Video LP's ended recently? (last month or so.)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I really do second this. Now that it's done, you'd do well to just watch the whole thing in one long sitting.

Exactly what I plan while I play anime ww2 game.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Annihilation's Shadow Warrior LP is amazing and is so good I think I'm going to go beat Shadow Warrior again for the third time, I can't believe a re-make of a racist kung-fu game can have a story THAT good.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo I'm looking for more finished LP's to burn through the shadow warrior one that finished was dope as hell, and wang was excellent, So more of that please.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A note about Run Button. They're podcasters who took up LP recently, and they almost never have much to say about the game besides how much it's terrible and how bored they are, and how there's nothing to say this far into it. I really wouldn't recommend them unless you're looking for white noise to fall asleep too.

zflee or Chip and Ironicus are pretty great though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're basically a less offensive DSP.

E: It is funny listening to one try to hide the poo poo opinions of the other ones, "Let's go back to that later friend,"

Mutes bigots microphone.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Earnestly posted:

So the Run Button lps are the lps I should argue about??

No, pretty much everyone hates run button.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

majormonotone posted:

I believe Maxwell Adams did a decent 100% run, though it's old so the video quality isn't amazing. I'm pretty sure Ambisagrus did one as well?
StrawHatNo.'s is pretty great, they abandoned the Windwaker half of it, but they did 100% Majora, and it's really great and pretty informative.

I'll admit though, I've always enjoyed their LPs.

e: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3581697

There is also cool art because one of the LPrs is an artist or something.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 7, 2014

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd like to watch something funny, fun, and video game oriented. I really liked the Resident Evil, and Dino Crisis Lp's done by DO IT TO IT. And the Pikmin 3 LP is one of my favorites, if that gives you an idea of what I like.

I also love Retsupraes Let's watch or whatever it's called where they commentate someone elses speed run.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bluh gently caress it

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where did the term long play Come from anyways?

As a request what is Retsupraes best stuff? Some of it is lame but there are some good things as well

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiggum posted:

You might get better recommendations if you say which of their videos you've previously enjoyed, because then people could point out others like them.

Oh right doi, I didn't enjoy the Retsufrash's after awhile because they kept making fun of the lovely art and animations, but they did one on Jason and one on some sort of Stephen King thing? and when they really started tearng it apart past the aesthetics it was great.

I've loved the Longplays I've seen, I'm going to watch the Last Alert one right now though, since I hadn't seen it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anything good ended recently that would be worth binging through?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a good LP-r for the Persona series? Something with either audio clips or video.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hi im a serial killer, can you point me to some female voices so i stay off the streets for one more night?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chip and Ironicus, Slowbeef and Diabeetus, JordanKai and his partner, are there more LP'rs like this you'd recommend? I can't even really place my finger on what makes them entertaining, but I would definitely like more of that.

A large part of it is that they're not douche-y, and the accents aren't heavy I think.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pollyanna posted:

I thought Putty was a joke LPer? At least, I remember nobody taking him seriously and there being some sort of LP goon drama around him. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Putty's LPs are extremely legit.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Which King of Dragon's Pass LP is the best? Or should I read the most recent one by the unemployed guy?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Powerfrog posted:

I've really enjoyed those rare LPs where the LPer invents the narrative, like the spooky Animal Crossing one, or that weird space trading merchant game thingy I can't recall the name of. (2 alien friends start off by working in alien mcdonalds or something and then start trading merch over the galaxy)

Ahem, anyway, anything like that? Especially over the last year or so, as I've been quite inactive in this time.

There's the Gta San Andreas one.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
C and I are pretty much perfect.

Also Retsuprae.

Slowbeef's single stuff is pretty ok, just don't take it too seriously, because most of it is him playing a game for the first time. You're going to see something he missed just don't get super mad about it you'll be fine.

If you need more, then JordanKaiSA is pretty great as well, and just started a Shadow The hedgehog LP>

IF you can put up with people thanking their Patreon for the last 1 or 2 minutes of every video, StrawHatNo is pretty great as well.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chip and Ironicus, my bad, I can't remember when I started calling them that, they might have had a C&I logo at some point

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A good lp of undertale?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I've watched all of JordanKai's stuff, all of SlowBeefs Stuff, All of Chip and Ironicus' stuff. I'm now out of stuff. Any other groups that are good, with the same energy?

(Seen PokeCapn stuff as well.)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anybody know people good for:

Amnesia and
Alien Isolation

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm looking for a good HD LP of Dead Rising 1, I don't mind if they talk over cut scenes, they just need to be really interesting, ala RitcheyzLP, Kalon, Slowbeef, or Chip and Ironicus. You know? That informative style that is still engaging.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The internet archive is like 240p

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it's a bit better, the big ish here is that the blurriness on my monitor hurts my eyes a bit, and I like to read the subtitles. I know the 360 didn't have HD really, but I still hope someone find a nice way to upscale it to 720p

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azran posted:

Due to a recent break up I'm kind of depressed, can you guys recommend a funny LP that will cheer me up or whatever?

Slowbeef's Sonic 06 LP is pretty great.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone done an LP of all 3 Dino Crisis games?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone have any good Recommendations for XCOM 2?

I did a thread search and found an answer.

fibio posted:

I could point you to half a dozen, but that's too much XCOM even for me. Of the youtubers I follow Christopher Odd's is pretty good, and the run is almost complete so there's plenty of content to dig into. Alternately Marborzir is probably a better player, but he has a strong acent that may make him hard to follow if you aren't a native English speaker.

My bad

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey slowbeef, can you please stream at 9pm PST, that's when I get home from work, I'll 1v1 you for it in Starfox 64.

e: this isn't a joke, Starfox 64 1v1 or 2v2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verranicus posted:

Can anyone suggest a good, amusing LP of any of the Souls/Bloodborne games? Preferably something blind where they have fun and elarn from their mistakes without being too "wacky"?

Slowbeef has about 80 videos in his and he is honest to god one of the best Dark Souls LPrs I've seen, if you like it, he's done literally every game from Demon Souls up to Bloodborne.

https://www.youtube.com/user/slowbeef/playlists