Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

I just finished ShadowCatboy's Planescape:Torment LP based on the recommendation of this thread. I real enjoyed the depth of the story and by the end of the LP i was enthralled. It felt like i had just completed a great book. It worked so well because most of the writing and dialog was in game text and ShadowCatboy's narrative adaptation was mostly describing gameplay. It's just really hard to write narrative LP's as one person that aren't repetitive

Does anybody have any suggestions of SSLP's that feel as epic as PT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

I would like to recommend Razage's Space Station 13 thread. Watch and let Razage's dulcet tones whisk you into space. Where human-flesh hamburgers, butt robots, sax solo's and segway accidents are the norm.

It really is a great way to unwind and have a chuckle.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

So i saw this video of Arma where two police officers (in character ) stop a driver and all hell breaks lose. Does anybody have the faintest clue to where i could find it?

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

First off thank you. That was funny but it wasn't the one i saw. It was almost for sure Arma 3 cause the graphics were good and it was very sunny. Also made by Americans/Canadians.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Tommofork posted:

Possibly one of the shacktac guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4PnJf35vso&index=1&list=PLEC4CDB080258A454

Check out that playlist for anything starting with A2: The Game.

e: well maybe not then

That it is it!!!!! i was wrong about it only being American/Canadian guys. loving Fabulous

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

I love the one guy who goes sailing off into the stratosphere

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Link us up hommie

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Vexation's play through of Grim Fandango is fantastic. Vexation clearly knows the game inside and out and shows all the best lines.

I do however say playthrough for a reason. There no commentary. As the LPer says the game needs none, the Lucasart's classic stands on its own. The story is executed with great aplomb, combining Day of the Dead mythos, film noir and mixed with tasteful and delightful humor (plenty of dadish jokes but nothing off color). Manny Calavera is immensely likable character who is filled with life :clint: He is perhaps my favorite Video game character of all time. Manny is a cool cat helping a dame who's jammed up in the worst way. Please do yourself a favor, and discover the masterpiece that is Grim Fandango.

Sneaky Fast fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 27, 2014

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

I very much enjoy games driven by story. I am looking for an LP focusing on a game's unique and quality writing, preferably presented in a fashion which focuses more on the game, and less on the personality of the LPer. The caveat, of course being someone one who can manage both approaches well.

Some examples of Lp's that I very much enjoyed with these qualities are: KOTOR 2, Planescape: Torment, Journey, Grim Fandango (VLP), Animal Crossing (Chewbot's warped version) and Deadly Premonition. The focus of each was on story and atmosphere of the game not the mechanic's of playing the game.

Sneaky Fast fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Sep 7, 2014

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Getsuya posted:

Hey folks I'm looking for two things right now:
1. Really, really long LPs that I can just set and forget and leave rolling while I play other games. I asked for this before and got some really great suggestions but now I'm done with them and I need some more. Preferably ones with lots of talking so I don't actually have to watch the screen all the time.
2. Good VLPs of RPGs. They don't have to be SA, and I don't care if they do stupid stuff like read all the on-screen text, I just really want to watch some long RPG VLPs so they can play a bunch of games so I don't have to. Killing two birds with one stone and all that. I finished watching most of what HCBailey posts, since he tends to play stuff I want to see, so anything like that where it's just some person who actually finishes the RPG VLPs they start and isn't absolutely horrible with their commentary.

Thanks.

The Tipping Forties guys play through of Tales of Symphonia is like 100 something updates but they drank whilst playing the game so at times it can be a bit rowdy, also very funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwsXx7dqnxU

Squints playthrough of Demon souls is informative, interesting and played with expertise
http://lparchive.org/Demons-Souls/

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

I just noticed that Geop's Dark Souls Lp isn't on the first page recommendations.

My guess is it didn't get added cause Geop is the mod, but a great Lp deserves to be watched . I am suggesting it be added to the multiple commentator section. Some of the best parts of the LP are the interactions between the uninformed Geop and the devious collusion of Kuvo, Vicas, and Squint. I found the chemistry, pace and on-topic/ off-topic balance of the commentators to be superb throughout.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Does anyone know a Mass effect 3 LP that show of the content of the game well?

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Sounds similar to my Killzone LP gimmick. (All the dialogue is written in Shakespearean-esque English, except for Rico, who gets to keep all his regular lines because he doesn't know what the gently caress a Shakespeare is).

Hold the phone. You have a Killzone LP?!

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

I was being sarcastic cause he plugged it twice already you berk.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Im looking for an Alien: Isolation LP that is focused principally on preserving the atmosphere, ideally with no commentary or if unavoidable subtitles only. It would be awesome if the game featured no deaths because I am looking to experience the game as if it was a new movie entry.

Sneaky Fast fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jan 12, 2015

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Aesclepia posted:

I've liked several of Get Daved's Let's Plays, including his Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda LttP, and Cat Mario (aka Super Mario 3D world).

I watched until he started talking about earning getdave points :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

I would suggest the crackdown LP by Ambisargrus & A Wooden Palisade http://lparchive.org/Crackdown/

Cool vibe of two friends just kicking it