Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I'm gonna have a ton of monotonous work to do on my computer over the next few weeks, so I'm looking for a long (or just multiple) VLP(s). Preferably nothing that I have to pay too much attention to to follow, since I'll be multitasking.

Any suggestions for a sort of casual listening/watching LP along those lines? Comedy preferred, but anything's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Yar The Pirate posted:

Can anyone recommend an LPer to watch that plays through JRPGs or RPGs relatively competently? The closest comparison I can think of is maybe Clemps but instead of analysis, it's an LP where the host knows enough about the game to have an ongoing discussion about it while playing. Another comparison might be how Bobbin Threadbare showed off Rogue Galaxy so well that I felt no need to play through the game myself since he demonstrated the story and all the little secrets.

Maybe a little late, but Melth's LP of Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword just went up on the Archive. The LPer gets the highest rank on the hardest difficulty and breaks down exactly how all of it works in extreme detail. It's definitely worth a read if you're into SRPGs.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I want to throw out a recommendation for one of my favorite VLPs of all time, even if it's almost a decade (!) old now.

SuperGreatFriend's LP of ILLBLEED is a fascinating look at a game that doesn't make any more sense the fourth time you've watched it. It's a weird blend of survival horror, comedy, and whatever else was on the creators' minds that day, I guess. Come for the baseball, stay for a Toy Story knockoff, and please tell me who KILLERMAN is.