Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Hello, friends!

Are there any cool LPs of Sniper Elite out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Verranicus posted:

Ah, I'm actually already subbed to you, hah. I think I even saw the LPs before, but just wasn't in the mood at the time. I'll be sure to give it a watch.

EDIT: While I'm here, suggestions for any LPers that are more soft-spoken and don't feel the need to be over the top wacky in their commentary would be great. Particularly people who do longer series and don't up and abandon a project when the next shiny game comes out.

Some people I'm fond of, to give you an idea of what I tend to go for, would be Quill18, Arumba, Lionheartx10, Legendoftotalwar, Filthyrobot, and someone like Northernlion is about as excitable as I like.

Go watch Grimwit, who goes by NatchEvil on YouTube. He's pretty chill.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Here's a link to the Youtube playlist.

CLICKY

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

VolticSurge posted:

Are there any decent LPs of Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain out there? The Super Best Friends' one is inept,as always.

Leal's doing a LP of MGSV right now. He's not the fastest updater, though.

Here it is!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
If you want Bloodborne lore videos and exploration, I recommend Jerks Sans Frontieres, DaveControl, and VaatiVidya (all on YouTube). Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eh6DqNp7Zs

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

might be wrong posted:

Any video lps of funny people playing bad games? Or just any really funny lps in general?

I really like stuff like C&I, retsupurae, and men drinking coffee, and someone recommended Vicas's Mario 64 lp and that was pretty good too. Any ideas? People keep posting about Saints Row 2 but that one doesn't really do it for me.

What's your thoughts on TheStrawhatNO?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I've been on a Zelda kick lately. Is there a decent LP of Spirit Tracks around somewhere?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It was a public service, really.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Tietuesday's Sonic Boom thing is pretty good.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Hey.

Leal's really dragging his feet, and I'm jonesing for some Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain action.

Is there a competent Youtube let's player who's done a high-quality run through? My requirements are no commentary over cutscenes, no interaction with stream chat, no facecam.

I know, I could wait until Chip gets on it, but I want to see it now!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

DoubleCakes posted:

I don't care for jokes or Dark Id's meta commentary

What in the hell are you doing here, then?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Why did you show me this? I will never get anything done again. Goodbye, wondrous productivity!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Outlast really does it for me.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Kayten posted:

Sorry for the late reply.

Quite a few good ones, actually!

Empress Theonora played through CK2->Vicky 2 as Byzantium, varying the storytelling through the years. Probably the current gold standard for narrative in a Paradox LP on this forum.

ZearothK did CK2->Vicky 2 as the Hansa, currently continuing it on in Rimworld. Features a few CYOA segments. It's pretty great.

You already saw Ofaloaf's GothLP recommended, check it out, he's playing as the goths starting in Attila: Total War. Ofaloaf is insane when it comes to developing cultural melting pots and place names, so look forward to that. Also, yeah, hope you like Romes.

Mr. Morgenstern had recently finished the CK2 leg of his Afghanistan LP, featuring his own homebrew Plague mod almost a year before Reaper's Due came out.

Those should be enough to get you started!

Your own LP is also pretty good, especially the narrative parts.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
IGgy IGsen's one is really good, as usual. No link, but YouTube it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Now that Dazz's Dark Souls 3 LP is presumably dead, what's the best informative LP of it? I enjoyed her blind playthrough but I'd like to see a complete thorough playthrough of the game too.

IGgy IGsen's doing a dual LP of Dark Souls 3, a thorough playthrough where you see everything and a casual runaround, over here. It's pretty great, although he's not quite done yet.

Philippe fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 8, 2017

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

anilEhilated posted:

I'm a big fan of slowbeef bumbling through Metroid Prime and its sequels but have no idea how well that aged. I think they had the blind player/co-commentating expert dynamic first as well.

It's still pretty good. Could stand to be more edited, but it was six years ago.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Mister Facetious posted:

Any good Subnautica LPs? I'm gay for underwater bases.

NatchEvil (Grimwit) is doing one on YouTube. It's alright.

Here's the first episode.

https://youtu.be/6RwqMIHoX54

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
As I understand it, Coolguye and Roboky are working on it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

gmilo posted:

Zevik on YouTube has a silent VLP ghost/clean hands run that is worth checking out. No obnoxious jokes and he plays flawlessly on max difficulty.

Does he read the text out loud? This is important.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Don't watch Many A True Nerd's Prey playthrough. He spoils the game in the first five minutes.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Leal did one that's decent, and Chip is working on one (according to what Ironicus has hinted on a podcast).

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Similarly, Time Warriors (Coolguye and RoboKy) are great. Not supermany episodes, but really funny.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Coolguye and TheLastRoboKy have done LPs of all the Dawn of War games, if that's your thing. They're delightful!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Anchorhead was also really good, because the LPer drew fanart of what was happening, so you weren't just reading.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
McKilligan did one with one of the devs of the game. It's interesting!

Youtube playlist

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
He's currently doing a LP of the second game, and it's a wild ride.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Unlike the Something Awful forums, a bastion of normalcy and civilized discourse.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I know that Chip and Ironicus did Anime Theater in their No More Heroes 2 LP, but I don't know if they did that one.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Wottermelon abandoned the subtitles recently, because it takes too long to do. He's updating earlier videos to have voice commentary instead.

And yeah, it's a good LP.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
What? How does that even qualify as an LP at that point?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Are there any Body Harvest LPs?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The Pope Paradox LP updated recently. It's just gotten into EUIV, and is fram good.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Eventually it'll get less frequent, but no.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
If you can handle people reading text on screen, look up Aavak on YouTube. He does a lot of building games and doesn't get over excited.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPXi9oMZq6U

This is a good one.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Well, if you just want to watch a playthrough without commentary, here's a longplay. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLICmLCVaKw

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Chip and Ironicus did Zone of the Enders 1 and 2, so check them out.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Centzon Totochtin posted:

The MDC always seems to end up playing games where you pick up garbage so it all works out

Have they done skyrim yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'll recommend it. It's a good LP of a good game.

Also watch their Metro LPs, they're good too.