Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Ursus Veritas posted:

Have you seen Just a Friend's LPs of Spyro 2 and Spyro 3? He does regular playthroughs of each level and then he completely tears them apart with glitches and out of bounds stuff.
Seconded. Especially Aquaria Towers. It's a work of art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I know this is a strange question but are there any LP's you guys can think of that would be good for someone who can't see very well?
How about tabletop game LP's? For example, D&DNext. The DM has to explain the setting and situations to the players so hopefully your friend should be able to follow it fairly easily.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Serious Cephalopod posted:

I was hoping for a goon lp, because gobs teens to be the anti pewdiepie. I remember looking super great friend, so I'll check the demo video out. Thanks!
Is the game 3 months old?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Anyone know any good Tomba! 2 LP's? I'd also be fine with the original, but I haven't played that one, so I'm more interested in 2.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

judge reinhold posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow1N6lfZp2g There ya go. The commentary is excellent.
Haha, I remember wondering about that round cog. Thanks for the recommendation!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

deadlyrhetoric posted:

Are there any good 100%/Completionist FFVII LPs?

I just watched a speed run (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI_hz4Qo140) and now I've got the need. The need for nostalgia.
What does a 100% completionist look like to you? Do you mean one of those runs where you have to grind a certain enemy only available for a short time in order to get 99 of a certain item you'll never use?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

deadlyrhetoric posted:

Your username is perfect for this inquiry. But, it's a good point. I would settle for, like, all Master Materia and Knights of the Round.

This is good. Thanks! I was hoping for a VLP but I've been traveling to Hong Kong for work a lot lately so SSLPs are great for the spotty mid-Pacific WiFi.
Elentor's LP is fantastic and will probably change the way you see Final Fantasy 7 forever.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Fae knows almost nothing about the game past what she's played and part of this is to keep it a blind run, so it's a complete no-black bar zone there so don't go in and post about how you can't wait for a certain dungeon and please don't PM her about things that will eventually pop up.
Have you guys had a problem with people PMing her info about the game?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lance Streetman posted:

It's been mentioned before, but it seriously looks like an ad. It blends into the page too well and doesn't stand out enough, so if you're not looking for it you're likely to not notice it.
I can understand that, I automatically gloss over ads myself.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

NGDBSS posted:

Unfortunately her doing DMC 4 is likely out of the question due to, well, issues beyond her control. Which is a shame, because she previously got halfway through with her usual level of skill.
I think she put up a video saying DMC4 made her arthritis act up, right?

Still, what's there is golden.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The Majora's Mask TAS is the only one in the recommended list on TASVideos I haven't seen, because I feel like without knowing much about Majora's Mask I'd be missing a lot of context. Is there a good informative video LP for the game?
There's a recently completed one by ThornBrain. Majora's Mask + Wind Waker thread.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm pretty sure they're going to come back to Wind Waker when they finish up their Punch Out thread.
yeah, the Punch Out and Ni No Kuni threads also went on hiatus for a while. I'm pretty sure ThornBrain just had computer issues.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Geop posted:

The Outlast LP is fantastic and does a wonderful job of letting the game speak for itself.
Isn't that the one he already watched?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Some ongoing ones:
Chrono Trigger by Leavemywife
Final Fantasy Legend 2 by Chokes McGee
Mother 3 by Mega64
Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue by Yapping Eevee

Some finished ones
MySims Agents by Picayune
Breath of Fire by Scintilla
Breath of Fire III by Rabbi Raccoon

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

goodness posted:

Can anyon recommend a good lp to read/watch for comedy? The only LP I have ever really enjoyed are boatmurder dwarf fortress and the animal Crossing evil Tom nook one. I guess neighbor are actually an LP but anything that is humorous should be a good start.
watch Kaubocks and Panzer Skank drunkenly wrestling with Saints Row 2

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The Dark Id's stuff is pretty good. He does that for most games, with the exception of Nier, which he liked too much to bother editing in new dialogue.
Another exception is his ongoing Drakengard 3 LP, because Drakengard 3 is doing it for him.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

EDIT: nevermind

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 29, 2015

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Extra Credits is literally worse than trash, and so is anyone watching it.
why, exactly?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Boss Wiggler's UNS3 thread.

It's not on the Master List or LParchive and most of the videos are unlisted, but it's finished and the links in the thread still seem to work.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

DrKirre posted:

I am currently stuck in bed, sick as hell. Need something relaxing to watch that won't keep me awake if I start drifting off. Something along the lines of that Aquaria LP from the archives. Please help my fever addled brain find peace, fellow goons.
It was probably this thread I got it from, but I've been watching Cameron Kunzelman's Rollercoaster Tycoon LP, and it's pretty relaxed. He's basically trying to be Bob Ross.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Crumps Brother posted:

There was a goon that put up streams of multiple AW games on youtube pretty recently. You reminded me of this, but I've forgotten who it was. I'd suggest watching those as soon as someone else chimes in with who was actually doing it.
You're probably thinking of TheVoiceOfDog, though his streams are on hold right now. He's finished with Days of Ruin and is like halfway through AW2.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nidoking posted:

Are you thinking of the "Frolf is Frog Golf" game? I believe that was Ribbit King, Pins did the LP, and he deleted the videos for reasons that may or may not have been clear to anyone at any time.
twice, I believe

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

SWMadness posted:

So I just binged through Dr. Kill's "Let's play Majora's Mask/OOT Super Wrong" videos as well as the Zelda OOT Chaos Mode videos that were attached to FaerieFortune's Blind OOT LP, and was wondering if there are any other good glitch showcase, speed-run based, or "Let's Break" style LPs I should check out?
Some of my favorites are Just A Friend and Sinatrapod's Let's Play & Break Spyro series.

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

ZeusCannon posted:

Also as a offering I rediscovered Chorpsaway's LP of Drake and the 99 Dragons recently and cannot recommend it enough to anyone who is a fan of terribly made games being LP'd well.
make sure you watch both Cut and Uncut versions of the videos

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Samuel Clemens posted:

And while the game in itself is not especially hard, the Final Fantasy V challenge megathread has various users playing through FFV under difficult restrictions while explaining their respective strategies. Worth a look if you don't mind screenshot LPs.
oh, that's still going? I thought it ended a while ago

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Highwang posted:

Is there a good Dark Souls 3 LP out there yet? Tried watching 2BFP and ENB but I just couldn't get into them for some reason.
Dazzling Addar is doing a blind runthrough and then a second, not-blind runthrough

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

AMReese posted:

What do you guys consider the best LP of Dark Souls II and Scholars of the First Sin?

I was watching a little bit of Geop's, but I don't really want to watch a blind LP. Rather an informed one that shows off all the quests and NPCs and stuff. There are a few of them on SA but I'm not sure which one to watch, if I should even watch them as compared to a YouTube LP that one of you might recommend.

Thanks for any information.
Dazzling Addar's LP got me to play the game, when I hadn't played a Souls game before

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I didn't get to watch much of SGDQ 2016. Any standout runs?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Speaking of the culmination of the last few posts, topiKal and Kuvo has started a Final Fantasy XV LP! It's a pre-Christmas miracle!
Slowbeef is planning on streaming it with his wife sometime tonight, as well

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nihilarian posted:

Slowbeef is planning on streaming it with his wife sometime tonight, as well
And when I say "streaming it", I mean "argue about how good their internet is while they wait for the massive day one patch to download"

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Does anyone remember who did the Disaster: Day of Crisis LP with Geop guesting? For the life of me I can;t find it and it isn't on the archive.
Niggurath, who I think goes by iconoclast187 on YouTube. But it's not available for whatever reason.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Loezi posted:

For reasons beyond me, I'd like to see what is essentially a (semi)blind LP of World of Warcraft. Something similar to Giant Bomb's 30 Day Trial: World of Warcraft but continuing to some more satisfying end-state than just "welp, I guess we've played this for 30 days now". The expansion can really be whatever. If no such thing exists, a non-blind LP is probably just as fine. Any recommendations?

ETA: offsite is fine.
I'm not sure that any such thing exists - it's such a massive undertaking. The closest thing I know of is the Game Grumps, where they tried to go through some high end content for charity, but it's only 5 episodes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRtLDQVHIEc

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Yoko Taro did an LP of Animal Crossing: New Leaf

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/933659913170980869

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

that's not a vlp