Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Putty posted:

i want to find an LP that will make me cry

While this is likely to be a troll, the Planescape: Torment LP might be worth a try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

pokie posted:

I finished the SIlent Hill lp by VoidBurger. It was pretty fun. It's hard to imagine now why that game took off. Awkward combat, nonsensical plot...

Anywho, I would like to see a nice schadenfreude-filled LP. Something like Ninja Gaiden or Kaizo Mariuo World whatever.

You could check you Psychedelic Eyeball's Super Meat Boy LP; as a bonus feature forums poster Wugga did an Iron Man run of the entire game too, which, well... You'll get it if you watch it. There's also races of Meat Boy available.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Old Mario stuff that used to be on google video could be Kaizo Mario / Kaizo 2, sadly the links in Kaizo 2 are dead. I dunno if anyone did Kaizo drunk though. Then there was a lot of weird Mario with various secrets and juices, but Chocolate Secret isn't old enough to have been on google video.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

How about multiplayer LPs? For awhile, years ago, the Freelance Astronauts' run of New Super Mario Bros Wii was my go-to source of laughs if I needed a pick-me-up. Anything similar these days? PreferablyIf possible not a split-screen setup since I find those hard to follow, especially first-person split-screen.

Definitely not 'these days', but the Worms Armageddon multiplayer videos by Psychedelic Eyeball et co. are a classic. Contains one Armageddon tournament with teams, and some fresher just-for-laughs Worms matches.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'm in the mood to watch some old school dungeon crawling. I've seen the LP of the Legends of Grimrocks and Deathtrap Dungeon. I don't believe there are any of Ultima Underworld? Are there any good off-site UU 1 or 2 LPs Or similar games? Ideally video rather than text based since I often do other things while watching/listening along.

While not first person perspective, Eidolon's Nethack videos can be fun, as he's rather, erm, good at it.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

Hi! I remember a Faster Than Light VLP on here that I really enjoyed, but I unbookmarked it like a dumbass and I can't find it in the lparchive either. I remember you could volunteer to have your toons in it, and I had a well meaning mantis captain Bastard in there, who would be stabbing away ineptly at the sensor controls with his useless mantis scythe hands until frustration inevitably would get the better of him and he'd chirp defiance and furiously skitter off to the telepad, shotgun drafting anyone in his way into this bizarre kind of frontal assault against reason which is a boarding party for a land war in space.

I seem to remember 2muchAbs and anilEhilated being in there too?

I can't quickly locate the thread, but here's one goon FTL LP as a youtube playlist. I was in it! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I would also point to Lilli's Dominions 3 LP (original thread requires archives) as something that's fairly creative, and it's a group effort to boot.