Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I'd like to recommend Chewbot's Animal Crossing LP to anyone with even a passing interest in horror stories. The LP is of the narrative kind, so don't expect to find out how to max out your house in a week or something. That being said, it's engaging and provides a fascinating background to the events of the game; which is particularly impressing, because there isn't a whole lot that happens in that game. I think this actually plays in Chewbot's favor, because it allows him to develop his narrative however he prefers.

Yes, it's basically a fanfiction, but drat it it's a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

If you are even vaguely interested in game design and Dark Souls, I suggest you check out Extra Credits' take on them, because these people really know their stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0F-1dMBEGY

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I would like to give the Persona series another try. Which LPer and game would you recommend? Skipping grinding and showing off Personas and monsters would be particularly appreciated.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

The goblins do occasionally gently caress, so if that is a dealbreaker for you I'd avoid it.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

So I am watching Best friends Play Figino Story Cyber Sleuth and it looks wicked. Is there a good LP of it, possibly including the conversations you can have with thone 'crowd' NPCs that have one or two lines?

look i am that person who has to read everything in a game, don't judge me

E:bonus points if they pink Hagurumon as the starter

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Feb 16, 2016

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I am interested in some Sherlock Holmes LP, especially of the sort that explains the logic behind the detective's deductions. I tried to watch a run of Awakened without commentary and got lost at the very first logical leap.

Sjonkel posted:

Are there any good X-com 2 let's play out there? Really enjoyed the Enemy Within one that was done here on SA, but haven't seen one for the sequel yet.

What are you looking for in an LP? I think that when it comes to commentary there isn't a whole lot that beast Northernlion, and he finished X-Com 2.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1bauNEiHIgwSglP-xwKa_pvmd3MycZYa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Could anyone recommend a good LP of the new King's Quest? I'm looking for someone that manages to be both appreciative and into the story while at the same time being somewhat competent. I mean, I don't need them to already know the solution to every puzzle, but I'd appreciate not having to watch them failr for half an hour before getting anything done.

ninja edit: man after rereading it really does sound like I'm asking for a lot. I'll settle for entertaining over competent if it comes down to that.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Feb 19, 2017