Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...

Hank Morgan posted:

Can someone recommend a good video LP of the original X-Com?

He's not from Something Awful, but Kikoskia over on YouTube has some fine original X-Com LPs. He's darn good at it, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...
I am currently stuck in bed, sick as hell. Need something relaxing to watch that won't keep me awake if I start drifting off. Something along the lines of that Aquaria LP from the archives. Please help my fever addled brain find peace, fellow goons.

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Mmm... wet food...
Dogsicle, Faerie Fortune, Nihilarian: thank you very much. These are exactly what I need right now.

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Mmm... wet food...

Herr Zwiebel posted:

Does anybody know a tolerable video LP of Ultima VII? I am drowning in nostalgia but I don't have the time to play it myself :(

Kikoskia has one that is quite lovely. youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PL2786D82261BE70A9 is the playlist for it.

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Mmm... wet food...

StrixNebulosa posted:

Proooooooooobably not the kind of informative you're looking for, but: Meccaprime's Link's Awakening LP is fantastic. You always learn something as he plays. :q:

For a real rec, watch any of the other Zelda LPs by Meccaprime, they're all actually informative and good watching.

Seconding what Strix here has said. There's also the option of Bobbin Threadbare's stuff, particularly the Deus Ex vids. Very informative and rather relaxing.

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Mmm... wet food...

90s Cringe Rock posted:

There was a Diablo 2 LP on SA where the gimmick was the necromancer didn't want to click on any monsters, just have his skeletons kill everything. I can't seem to find it. Could anyone help, or suggest a different LP following a lazy necromancer that I could fall asleep to? I could just check my post history in this very thread, where I replied to a comment about it.

Kazeugma's Magna Apologia Diaboli! https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH3kxAP9pm5g0EG0Z5zH7mVMNeGzs9kih

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Mmm... wet food...
JohnOfOrdo3's Little Nightmares run really shows off the potential of subtitles as more than just a translation tool. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3836104