Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.
I know I'm a complete newbie (first post being wasted here ;p) but I'd like to recommend NicoB7700 and his varied LPs.

In particular NicoB7700's current LP, Persona 4: Golden, is almost complete now, but it's funny as all hell and he's great at giving voice to the characters and throwing out theories about who did what. He tends to go into these games blind and stays away from spoilers so that his viewers can watching him experience the twists and turns first-hand. He's also pretty goofy and has a great, silly sense of humour. His voice isn't cringe-worthy, in fact he's quite skilled a mimicry and attempts to match VAs if there are any in the game (as there are in Persona 4: Golden). He also does a lot of editing to his videos so that they are of a high quality, removing dead air and keeping things interesting. He's also great at picking up cues within games and it's a lot of fun watching him as he gets attached to the characters and thus his reactions to plot twists are especially great. His current LP of P4: Golden is his best so far and he's accidentally almost perfected the game.

It's worth checking out his other LPs, too - especially ones like Corpse Party, 999: Nine hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. He's good at voice acting and does so for most games that don't have good VAs (usually with hilarious results) and tends to have recurring jokes/characters/voices. He's also a pretty nice guy all up and usually has two games on the go at a time, with pretty frequent updates. Personally I prefer him over some of the other LPers I watch like Brickroad (no hard feelings if you're here, bro), DeceasedCrab and HCBailly.

silversatyr fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jul 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.

Teledahn posted:

Read things before you post. Lots of things. For a long while.

Then post.

Maybe.

I read the thread. All of it. Then I wrote up the post, double checked it against other posts in the thread and double-checked the rules of the thread. Saw nothing wrong, posted. Did I break some rule that says your first post must be made somewhere, or forget to offer sacrifice to some dread God of some sort that is required before posting? I didn't read that anywhere and I made sure to read the rules before posting. So... not being rude, but what's the issue Teledahn?

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.
@Teledahn: Thanks for explaining. I'll be sure to add a bit more information about the LP in general as it is of good quality (just with a more humourous bent than typical completionist LPs usually are.) I'll also endeavour to keep reading and be a decent newbie too. o7

@dscruffy1: Thank you for pointing that out. I was going to do so in this post as well - part of the topic rule states that it's alright to post an off-site LP if it is of good quality. ^.^

@Cake Attack: I shall lurk the hell out of these forums and none can stop me. Muahahahahaha~ Also, 'she'. ^.^)b

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.

dscruffy1 posted:

If you're actually looking for posting etiquette here, this is bullshit and this is the sort of thing that will get you dogpiled on. So just. Y'know. Keep the decent posting, get rid of the silly emoticons. We don't actually care what gender you are or how emoticonny you're feeling. Just make quality posts. Hope this helps.

Okay, I shall endeavor to keep them to absolute minimum!

I only pointed out my gender because everyone was referring to me as 'he'. I don't expect or want preferential treatment of any kind due to something like that - I know some people do and it is, quite frankly, silly - but I figure everyone has the right to be referred to by the gender they identify as. I won't bring it up again unless necessary and will leave it at that, since we've strayed a bit too far off the topic of the thread. I did not mean to cause a derailment. Sorry!

Thanks to all for pointing me in the right direction for a (sort-of) painless journey into these foreign lands.

silversatyr fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 31, 2014

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Does anyone know of a good Persona 4 Let's Play that shows off the voice acting? The one in the archives for just Persona 4 has almost all the videos missing and the one for Persona 4 Golden doesn't seem to have any video to show off the characters talking.

I actually recommended one for Golden a few pages back. He left the VA on but tries to mimic it when it's not actually used in scenes. He also managed to luck into the True Ending and made almost all of the Social Links (I think he missed 3 total?), if that's of any interest to you. He also cuts out a lot of the repetitive dungeon areas so that it moves at a decent pace. It's currently in the winding down phase (last few episodes) so if you feel like a long sit-in LP this should do you.

silversatyr fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Aug 24, 2014