Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

Disappointing Pie posted:

Hey these guys aren’t too bad!

What’s people’s thoughts on the Game Grumps? They seem to have thousands of videos to watch and the couple I watched weren’t awful.

I was iffy on them when it was Arin and Jon (Sonic is the only one I really remember), but I loved them ever since Dan came on board. He's way less grating and far more pleasant. I've just never been a JonTron fan.

As others have said though, they are more comedians than Let's Players, especially now that Youtube has made full game playthroughs not worth it for them.

I'm perfectly fine with that myself. I don't watch or read LP's to see someone masterfully play a game for me, I prefer to be entertained. My favourite SSLP's and favourite Let's Players are more funny than skillful. That's personal preference though.

The compiliation videos also make for great background noise while I work on LP updates.

MillennialVulcan posted:

They tend to provoke a wide range of opinions. I like them in small doses. I think their House Party LP is loving riot though.

House Party is a treasure.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

GrandmaParty posted:

VLP, VLP!

I support you in your suffering!

I'd like to do a VLP of it, because I legitimately love the game despite the insane garbage heap it is (I really really like transformation stuff), but I'm not personable enough for that. According to others from my role playing site days, I sound like a robot (and JonTron is already taken, thereby ruining the best name).

nine-gear crow posted:

WKC's myriad of problems.

My biggest flaw was the implementation of an Avatar MC that gets ignored in favor of Leonard. Nobody creates their Marty/Mary Sue character after being promised a story about them and likes the fact they just play fifth fiddle to loving Leonard.

As for Akihiro Hino, that poo poo just happens in games. He's not exactly a rare outlier. I just wrapped the World of Final Fantasy Maxima LP where I included a four part miniseries delving into the trash fire that FF expanded universes always turn into. Nojima was involved in a lot of major moments in FF, but he also went on to write FFX novels and audio dramas endorsed by Square where Tidus gets blown up by a bomb after being psuedo-transported through time and then summoned back by Yuna by her wishing it. Everyone is vulnerable to descending into madness, regardless of previous brilliance.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah! :buddy:

If you want to do it, do it. I hate the sound of my voice and I've done far too many VLPs. Plus I'd love to see someone do the inverse take on the game from mine, coming from a position of adoration rather than frustration. Besides, I find being "personable" in an LP is something that comes with just getting comfortable with doing it over time, or having a good set of co-commentators to back you up.

It's an idea I suppose. I have been wanting to try out different types of LPs to see which is most fun. I'll keep it in mind. WKC is a serious time investment. I'd probably test the VLP waters with something like Farpoint first.

Dash Rendar posted:

crow do the PSP WKC game instead.

I had to import that from the UK. The only thing I can remember about it are the transformation sequences. It's barely a WKC game.