Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Geop's Assassin's Creed LPs make learning crusade era history both fun and bloody. You put a lot of effort into them, and it shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heffer
May 1, 2003

slowbeef posted:

I know what you're saying. "You're not supposed to recommend gold-rated threads!"

But you might also be saying, "I don't really like/care about the Wii U, and of the games I do care about, Wonderful 101 seems kind of anonymous." (Then my wife got me one, and that first part changed.)

And if you're like me, you probably said the latter. Even having seen videos of Wonderful 101, I didn't really get it and it didn't seem to hold my interest. But Chip Cheezum and General Ironicus do their thing on Wonderful 101 and you get cut and uncut commentary, gameplay tips, and the combination of expert play (Chip) and first-time experience (Ironicus). If you've seen their LPs, it's that usual five-star experience.

If you skipped this at first because "much as I like C&I, I don't know that I care about this game", give it a shot. What seemed like "actiony Pikmin" is maybe more like Pikmin meets Bayonetta, while Chip shows off and gets Pure Platinum on everything (EXCEPT THAT FIRST VIDEO, HA). In fact, the only reason I stopped at episode 3-1 is because they convinced me to get the game and I'd like to experience more myself! Is there a better recommendation than that?

I don't disagree with you on any point, but it does seem premature to enshrine them when they're only three updates in.