Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

Stagger_Lee posted:

I've been really enjoying Adam Koebel's LPs on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/skinnyghost/playlists. They're blind or blind-ish stream recordings, and including reading text, so maybe it's a stupid thing to point to here. But he's one of the Dungeon World guys and he tends to look at games in terms of how they relate to table top design issues, which I find interesting, and he's a cool guy. In the case that none of the previous attributes dissuaded you, there's also a lot of social justice stuff that I know some of us find unpleasant.

Specifically I've enjoyed his takes on Shadowrun, The Long Dark, and Transistor.

Yes he's fantastic and in a similar vain he's the GM of a Stars without Numbers epic space opera called Swan Song and a Shadowrun RPG called Mirrorshades that's more like Persona high school simulator in cyberpunk world. Those are on itmejp's Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/itmeJP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Any good recent Dwarf Fortress LP's? It doesn't have to be on site, and even video is fine. I reread through the old great SA ones and now need something to fill in that hole.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I'm trying to find some new people/groups to subscribe to.

I'm having difficulties finding entertaining people anymore. I tend to prefer groups, I loved Giant Bomb a few years back and still do but just don't find them too funny anymore except for occasions. Northernlion is pretty good at times. Nerdcubed has his moments. The old group of Achievement Hunters were hilarious but I haven't found them as funny since they've grown so much.

Any suggestions?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I have a weird question. What’s the easiest way to download like a pdf or something of a screenshot LP? My office at work has awful reception and on lunch break I love reading LP’s but with all the images it’s pretty painful.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I can’t remember what happened but something about him and lowtax getting into it is ringing a bell. He still has a YouTube channel he uploads to:

https://www.youtube.com/user/KhadBanks

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
So are there any funny smallish groups of people doing let’s plays anymore? Seems like everything’s moving to streaming and I prefer throwing a funny group LP on as background noise while I’m working.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

bony tony posted:

Have you seen all the StrawhatNO stuff?

Hey these guys aren’t too bad!

What’s people’s thoughts on the Game Grumps? They seem to have thousands of videos to watch and the couple I watched weren’t awful.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Has there been an LP of a game like Dwarf Fortress or even that game on the level of Boatmurdered or other classic series?

Disappointing Pie fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 7, 2019

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Is BraveMule gone? I’m assuming it was only hosted on the one website and now I can’t find a record of it there.

Edit: Matul Remrit is a seperate story isn’t it?

Disappointing Pie fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Is there a variety streamer out there that plays almost every major release? And does it competently? To completion? I found CohhCarnage recently and he seems ok so far.