Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Although it's not exactly a conventional LP as it's more of a COYA, but I think Neb777's Tie Fighter is worthy of being listed: http://lparchive.org/Tie-Fighter/

It started out as an MS Paint parody from memory with a comedic twist with an addition of forum member's participation and ended up in becoming it's own entity. As far as I know it's the only one of it's kind to make it into the archives. I guess it could be listed as a comedic SSLP even if it's not playing the actual game itself. But it is funny, has forum participation and Neb777 draws it to a conclusion despite the whole thing going off the rails.

I'd also like to see Geop's own Dark Souls LP added to the list http://lparchive.org/Dark-Souls/

I had interest in LP's before but this LP hooked me. I initially checked it out as I had heard a lot about Dark Souls and wanted to see it for myself. Not only is it a blind run it's also co-commentated, funny in places and also with the help of the co-commentary it's informative. It also flows nicely, even though it's not a 100% run it still shows off a lot of extra stuff that is achievable with extra effort with some good editing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
My daughter is staying with me for a few days so I've put a few things on hold. I've been interested in The Last Express for more years than I can remember, finally bought it and failed at it completely in many numerous ways. I'd like to recommend the LP made by Olive Branch for the game http://lparchive.org/The-Last-Express/

The whole concept of the game is just mind blowing. Olive Branch not only plays the game with ease but also has two concurrent "good" and "bad" playthrough's in each video. The switching between each other is done effectively and shows the differences in choices made at similar time frames. Olive Branch also had help from a forum member and people in real life with translations of Serbian and Arabic dialogue in the game and added them in with subtitles. Also to add to that, Olive Branch has made this LP subtitled with two different persona's for each concurrent playthrough. So far I've caught up with episode six and I'm absolutely loving it. The LP is worthy of a mention even by itself but the effort put into it is exemplary!

Unload My Head posted:

Scorchy also did a great LP of Westwood's Blade Runner.

Seconding this, I love this game and I loved this LP!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Catastrophics posted:

For a full play through this one looks like it could be promising. No random screaming or facecam, plus there's editing too so no repeats of failed nights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDeYBPPlkSs

I've just watched this and I'd like to second it. The guy sounds pretty chill even when the poo poo is hitting the fan. Another plus is that he edits well, he documents the play through's and cuts to the point of the points where he fails and finally succeeds.

I only heard about this game yesterday, someone gifted it to me on Steam this morning and I thought I'd give it a try. Usually games with horror themes tend to be predictable but gently caress me, for the first time in my gaming life I jumped back and gave a very audible wail.

A goon LP, unless written permission is provided, will have to wait. But if you're itching for one now that isn't gimmicky then Catastrophics recommendation is a good choice.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Kaubocks posted:

There was one posted earlier in this thread that I enjoyed what I watched. He doesn't really explain how the game mechanics work very much but it's honestly not too hard to decipher for yourself. The main selling points on this LP is there's no scarecam, he doesn't constantly jabber on about nothing or scream, and he edits when he dies.

Seconding. Although it's an off site LP he handles the game well, he's pretty chill, the videos are edited, there's no scare cam and he does a complete run through of the main portion of the game. The down sides are he's off site, there's no extra content of what can happen that didn't happen in his main play through and he's not willing to play through any extra content.

I don't think I could handle doing an LP of this here, there'll be no scare cam but you'll hear me screaming like a little girl occasionally.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm absolutely loving Zorak's Endless Ocean: Blue World LP and I've blitzed through twenty five episodes already in a week. The banter is always humorous and frequently hilarious. It's also very educational even beyond sea life, a lot of the summaries are very informative without being complex, these guys know their stuff. Also it's a nice game to look at while Zorak's exploring the various sea floors too.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516951

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Koboje's 'X-Com - Apocalypse' LP has just wrapped up and it's been pretty much one of the few LP's lately that has kept my interest from start to end. It's a pretty chill play through for a game with a lot of action and it's played with some strict rules in terms of succeeding which nearly brought the LP to it's knees. The wanton disregard for people's lives amused me greatly too.

Linkage to said paragraph

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I know this is a little late to the mark but this is one LP I'd recommend. Despite it being his first LP it didn't seem like so, it really was an enjoyable watch and despite it being a 'horror' game with jump scares and pressure moments he's pretty chill throughout it all.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Some of you may know of the recent Steam release of NotGTAV which has blown up on the internet. In response to it it's release, Kenneth "the main man" has decided to LP GTAV, whether it continues or not is one thing but it sounds and plays like he's Moss from The IT Crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jWooMp58wY

This probably is already a given but I'm enjoying Lazyfire's LP of Shadow Of Mordor. It's to the point, informative and he's actual pretty drat good at the game. He's very good at explaining everything he does, why he's doing it and everything important about the mechanics of the game. It's just one LP I'm enjoying very much and just wanted to share my opinion with others.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708039

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Mercenaries 2 by helloitsdan and lithuaniandad has a more shallow world than Bully but also has more action and explosions than a GTA game. Peter Stormare and his friends get double crossed by a Venezuelan politician so they decide to make the entire country explode. Spoiler: they largely succeed.

Thank you for this recommendation, it's been a very enjoyable watch.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Rarity posted:

New Super Mario Bros Wii by the Freelance Astronauts is the highpoint of inter-group dickery

I started watching and laughed at many points, but the continual and persistent burping just put me off in the end during the initial first few episodes. I get that it's about friends getting together, getting drunk and just having fun and sharing their experiences. But continual burping\hiccuping left in the audio is pretty off putting,

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Forgive me for asking this as I took a break for a couple of years and missed plenty, did Geop ever finish Dark Souls 2?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

NGDBSS posted:

He didn't even get through a third of the game. But so far as I could tell, when I was vaguely paying attention to that LP, Geop had a massive problem with meandering without making progress and his commentators actively encouraged this kind of time-wasting. His channel lists videos up to #68, and he hadn't poked the DLC or reached the second of the four Great Souls bosses. To put this into perspective, there was a comparable blind LP that started shortly before his. That one has since finished on 130 episodes, doing all the NG content despite:
  • Passing the controller between two blind players for some extra wackiness.
  • Having no direct guidance, only indirect stuff from the now-archived thread.
  • Losing the save file at one point to some hardware issue. (I later passed them a facsimile of their extant progress so they could continue.)
If you want to check that out, it's...uh...split between two YT accounts/playlists for weird technical reasons.

Edit: If you want I can try digging up the thread itself, but like I said it got archived.

Thank you for the detailed reply. I'll check out your recommendation instead as it sounds like something that I'll enjoy. Don't worry about tracking down the archived thread, you've done plenty. I'll work it out from the links that you've provided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've been rediscovering the Space Station 13 LP by Razage: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3568045

I don't really know how to explain it. It's a multiplayer game that generally descends into chaos in usually epic proportions. They usually start off chilled and informative but soon devolve into random insanity and hilarity.