Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Mascherano apparently tore his anus in his tackle on Robben

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

belgend posted:

Mascherano apparently tore his anus in his tackle on Robben

the argie rear end-tearing is gonna be worse on sunday

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sorry but germany hasn't displayed anything that makes me go "hmmm this may be tough for argentina". all they've done is play trash teams with good keepers and brazil which is worse

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

sorry but germany hasn't displayed anything that makes me go "hmmm this may be tough for argentina". all they've done is play trash teams with good keepers and brazil which is worse

Which teams in this World Cup weren't trash in your opinion?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Argentina has been much more impressive in their victories over Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria. :rolleyes:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Germany being able to not give a poo poo for a full half in the semi final will make a massive difference too

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

lol quotin dis for posterity

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

Germany being able to not give a poo poo for a full half in the semi final will make a massive difference too

Yeah considering they only played for 45 minutes and the Argies had to play for 120 with one day less rest, I'm thinking there could be a big difference in energy levels in the final that, for once, might not be due to doping.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

ok so "exhaustion/not as much rest as the germans" is the argie excuse for when germany unleashes another golocaust, understood.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

The Brown Menace posted:

ok so "exhaustion/not as much rest as the germans" is the argie excuse for when germany unleashes another golocaust, understood.
Also the ref, the ref was really terrible. They definitely weren't offside!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do we know who the refs are going to be for the final?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
We know the ref for the Third place match, Algeria's Djamel Haimoudi.

By the way, I didn't know FIFA made presentation videos for referees: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/videos/y=2014/m=6/video=referees-at-the-2014-fifa-world-cuptm-djamel-haimoudi-2359664.html

Edit: Howard Webb's video http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/videos/y=2014/m=6/video=referees-at-the-2014-fifa-world-cuptm-howard-webb-2359696.html

I like that they all have their own theme songs

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 11, 2014

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do we know who the refs are going to be for the final?

At 3pm local time in Rio the announcement will become official, but it's looking strongly like Eriksson from Sweden. There will be a refchat in the MDT for the final but just for reference right now he's done Ghana USA, Cameroon Brazil, and Argentina Switzerland at this world cup. Also he was the 4th who couldn't figure out the sub board in Argentina Netherlands.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

sorry but ___________ hasn't displayed anything that makes me go "hmmm this may be tough for __________". all they've done is play trash teams with good keepers

worldcupfinal.txt

e: perhaps the same could be said of Argentina?? :crossarms:

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

a delicious quote to savor sunday evening

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
have you considered looking at the players on germanys roster

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Volkerball posted:

have you considered looking at the players on germanys roster

That alone didn't work out too well for Spain.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

That alone didn't work out too well for Spain.

That's arguably because Del Bosque didn't look at the players on his roster either.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Referee for the final is Rizzoli of Italy. Bit surprised.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

chaoslord posted:

looks like my balls will remain unposted

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

chaoslord posted:

Nice to see a bit of Juventus left in the tournament.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

lol at all the bitchmade plebs who think las malvinas won't be german by the time sunday wraps up

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

The Brown Menace posted:

lol at all the bitchmade plebs who think las malvinas won't be german by the time sunday wraps up

Looks like you still don't understand how the argentinian mind works after all. If the Malvinas were suddenly conquered by the germans most people here would cheer, and mock the english.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Pochoclo posted:

Looks like you still don't understand how the argentinian mind works after all. If the Malvinas were suddenly conquered by the germans most people here would cheer, and mock the english.

looks like you still don't understand how the german mind works after all. they'd stop at the malvinas as much as they stopped at 5-0

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

The Brown Menace posted:

looks like you still don't understand how the german mind works after all. they'd stop at the malvinas as much as they stopped at 5-0

Lol at you insinuating argentinians would consider being invaded by the germans a bad thing. I for one welcome our new euro masters. You really can't gently caress the country worse than we do.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Pochoclo posted:

Lol at you insinuating argentinians would consider being invaded by the germans a bad thing. I for one welcome our new euro masters. You really can't gently caress the country worse than we do.

It has been unironically suggested over the past few years that we should declare war on Germany and then promptly surrender, so I can most definitely appreciate the sentiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

The Brown Menace posted:

well tbf they really tried to stop, but brazil wouldn't let them

• Locked thread