Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:siren:Semifinal match 2 Refchat:siren:

Netherlands x Argentina
Ref: Cuneyt CAKIR (TUR)
AR1: Bahattin DURAN (TUR)
AR2: Tarik ONGUN (TUR)
4th: Jonas ERIKSSON (SWE)
RAR: Mathias KLASENIUS (SWE)

Whereas Marco Rodriguez might be known for a couple of different reasons, if I had to guess why TRP might remember Cakir I'd probably only need one thing.

1)

Of course, he's actually sent off a number of players involving English teams/players in the recent past so any of these might have worked as well.

Balotelli against Kiev, Terry against Barca, Gerrard against Ukraine, and Cahill against Corinthians

Anyway, Cakir has had an excellent tournament. IMO his performances have been second only to Webb. Hopefully this translates into a very good performance like yesterday with Rodriguez. There were a couple of things here and there you could pick out but overall Rodriguez was very good. Cakir is 37 and so would be age eligible for 2018 and 2022. If Irmatov didn't exist and he has a good few years, I'd say he would be a frontrunner for the final in Russia, but we'll just have to see how it all shakes out over the next little while.

WC 2014
Brazil 0 Mexico 0 Group stage 4 yellows
Alegeria 1 Russia 1 Group stage 5 yellows

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

stickyfngrdboy posted:

i can't believe dirk kuyt is in a world cup semi final in the year 2014 it's incredible. He's the only dutch player I like though so gently caress them I hope messi dicks all over them and robben and RvP cry

Not only that but he is playing in the defense. I know he has been doing that all tournament but that is the weirder part of him being in the semi-final to me.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Intergortion posted:

These refchat posts have all been good and I have enjoyed them all very much :hf:

I've really enjoyed making them. I know the referees aren't something any of us keep super close track of but it's something I find interesting. As I've been trying to play predictor and see who FIFA might like, it's been neat to get some info on these guys. It doesn't always pan out (see yesterday where Rodriguez is known for giving red cards more than any other referee and instead gave one caution total), but a lot of the time you can know exactly how a game is going to go when certain refs (Eriksson) are in charge.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

straight up brolic posted:

its so annoying that i cant even post in these threads because of espn's 2 min tape delay online

Since I'm at work and have it streaming on my kindle with a closed cover, I find it helpful to know when I need to pop it open and take a look personally.

But mostly yeah why the heck is there a delay?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

^^^^^OH FFS

By this time yesterday there were already 5 goals scored, this match sucks

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

LT.CrownRoast posted:

Great match, great half, the World Cup owns and I love it

Link to the match you are watching plz, what I just sat through was 2badteams.jpg

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I fell asleep for the last 8 minutes or so did anything happen

No

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

ArfJason posted:

really? thought the ref was fair, and there were no questionable calls and such

Refs been fine, it's just a thing in all sports to always yell at the ref. Except Rugby.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Vorm is the only player in the Netherlands squad to not see time on the field. If it goes to penalties today will it be his time to shine?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

After Eriksson put in the wrong numbers, he then put in that Aguero was the one coming off. Brilliant Fourth Officialing from the Swede.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Teron D Amun posted:

van Gaal is gonna save a sub for Krul again isn't he

If he uses Vorm instead of Krul, every player in the squad will have been used at least once.

But yeah he'll use Krul

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

FiftySeven posted:

Oh they did? I must have missed them. I only saw RVP go off.

Daryl Janmaat for Bruno Martins Indi at half
Jordy Clasie for Nigel de Jong 62'
The Hunter for RVP which you saw

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

regulargonzalez posted:

Also, why are they called penalty kicks? There's no penalty as far as I can tell?

They are officially "Kicks from the Penalty Mark", but everyone calls it penalties or some derivation because the shots are taken from the same spot as a penalty kick is during the match

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sandwolf posted:

I fell asleep at 60th minute, did I miss anything?

No

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Friggin Wondo. USA could have played for penalties against these guys as poor as they were today.

KFTPM time, woo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

R.S. Gumby posted:

In extra time, each team has to send off a player every 5 minutes. Golden goal rules apply.

Golden goal sucks

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Haimoudi/Nishimura for the third place match

Eriksson is the name being touted for the final. Hoping that means Geiger as the 4th official. We'll know for sure at 3pm local Brazil time tomorrow, but we will probably know in the next few hours if another name doesn't come forward

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do we know who the refs are going to be for the final?

At 3pm local time in Rio the announcement will become official, but it's looking strongly like Eriksson from Sweden. There will be a refchat in the MDT for the final but just for reference right now he's done Ghana USA, Cameroon Brazil, and Argentina Switzerland at this world cup. Also he was the 4th who couldn't figure out the sub board in Argentina Netherlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Referee for the final is Rizzoli of Italy. Bit surprised.

• Locked thread