Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixelpusherbot
Jun 3, 2009
Hopefully tonight we are going to see some real high-level football with some beautiful goals and tactical genius, instead of that schadenfreude scat soccer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixelpusherbot
Jun 3, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q08fTmX99Ao

pixelpusherbot
Jun 3, 2009

stickyfngrdboy posted:

could you find a bigger image please

pixelpusherbot
Jun 3, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no_36upo8aE

pixelpusherbot
Jun 3, 2009
That must have been a terribly boring match to spectate, if you got no nationality in this game...

Terribly uninspired play, Holland deserved to lose.

Also, like Cruyff used to say: Every benefit has its downside. Cellissen was destroyed before even taking penalties. He was close too. twice... he will never stop a penalty in his life again. Kind of a dick move by Van Gaal in retrospect to put this penalty series there.

Also, Ron Vlaar taking first penalty... anyway, Argentina wanted this more, deserved this more. Lets go for 8-0 against Brazil.

Edit: Also all the Dutch players had media training on a loss before the match. They all say exactly the same thing:

- I am proud.
- This hurts a lot.
- This sucks.
- Only first place matters.

It sounds normal, but it is rehearsed. Try to outwit the media like that, and you deserve to lose.

pixelpusherbot fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 10, 2014

pixelpusherbot
Jun 3, 2009
At first I was a little disappointed.

And then I realized, I am only a _little_ disappointed.

And so I am happy we didn't get to lose against Germany and have our souls forever crushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixelpusherbot
Jun 3, 2009

spankmeister posted:

Argentina did not deserve to win, but Holland deserved to lose.
Sound football logic.

• Locked thread