Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

tinkerballz posted:

As my country (Portugal) is poo poo in international tournaments (and also in a lot of other things) I grew up through the 80's and 90's cheering for the team of the best player ever (D10S duh!).

Outside of this tournament Portugal has been pretty good since like... 2004...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

As Di Maria goes, so do the Argies.

So take that as you may.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Suqit posted:

I think he is Madrid and Argentina's most underrated player.

Di Maria was massive for Madrid, and massive for Argentina. People don't know what the gently caress they are talking about and he will be sorely missed.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

ayb posted:

Why is Messi captain of Argentina? He doesn't even like talking to other people let alone trying to lead

Same reason Ronaldo is captain of Portugal... He's the 'face' of the team.

Both are poo poo leaders.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

I'm torn about who gets my plastic support ATM. On the one hand, Messi is a criminal aspergor and I don't particularly like anyone on Argentina, and like a bunch of players on Germany. On the other, Argentina winning a World Cup in brazil would be absolutely hilarious.

If Argentina wins the world cup retarded rear end in a top hat who write horrible articles like this:

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/7/9/5882435/lionel-messi-argentina-world-cup-2014

Will never, ever, ever shut up about how Messi is the greatest ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

El Hefe posted:

Messi is the best player this world has ever seen, lol if you can't see it.

If Messi does this on Sunday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCJBXfKtOiM

Then I will believe.

• Locked thread