Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
so I can laugh at you, hahaha, lol. Way to value bloat and interminably long sequences of no gameplay for minimal story in your video games. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
no no no the part with midna had a PIANOOO

it was art!!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I don't like it the most at all but I did enjoy playing it on my gamecube when you could fly on the weird bird thing or some of the other mini games. I enjoyed it less so on the Wii when I tried it. It felt shoehorned into the Wii very much so.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Widestancer posted:

I don't like it the most at all but I did enjoy playing it on my gamecube when you could fly on the weird bird thing or some of the other mini games. I enjoyed it less so on the Wii when I tried it. It felt shoehorned into the Wii very much so.

It had some p neat setpieces and was mechanically solid so I don't actually hate it but if it's someone's favorite Zelda I seriously question their judgment of what exactly they are looking for out of a Zelda game.

also lmao someone got mad enough at you to buy you a new av. The only thing funnier than the cult of Star Citizen is the weird SC vultures who get really mad at hopeless nerds like they're doing something other than providing an easy target.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Heavy Lobster posted:

It had some p neat setpieces and was mechanically solid so I don't actually hate it but if it's someone's favorite Zelda I seriously question their judgment of what exactly they are looking for out of a Zelda game.

also lmao someone got mad enough at you to buy you a new av. The only thing funnier than the cult of Star Citizen is the weird SC vultures who get really mad at hopeless nerds like they're doing something other than providing an easy target.

Not only did they buy me a new AV they admitted to it after the thread got moved to Games and someone is bitching in a thread they made in QCS about mods reverting it for free.

My experience with Twilight Princess made me skip out on Skyward Sword and wait until ALBW came out; is Skyward Sword worth picking up cheap?

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Widestancer posted:

Not only did they buy me a new AV they admitted to it after the thread got moved to Games and someone is bitching in a thread they made in QCS about mods reverting it for free.

My experience with Twilight Princess made me skip out on Skyward Sword and wait until ALBW came out; is Skyward Sword worth picking up cheap?

Skyward Sword is ultra divisive because it does amplify on a lot of the bad parts of TP (big ol' cutscenes, weirdly repetitive parts, railroady) but I thought it was gorgeous enough to make up for it. Like, TP would've been forgiven if more than two locations in the whole game were at all interesting but everything in SS is a treat to look at and explore so I am pretty okay with it. If you're willing to break your Wiimote habits to make the controller work for you that's also fine, since the motion controls are not intuitive.

When it came out I was very much blown away by it and thought it was one of my faves but then I realized it was definitely post-TP low expectations talking and immediately reverted back to the MM/WW tie I always settle on, but it is in my opinion definitely worth playing.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I really liked it but it would've been better without the forced playing as a doge segments

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

I don't know if it's my fav but it's p good

Saggy titty chicken was weird tho

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
i pounded my fists into the earth and wept when gamespot gave twilight princess an 8.8

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500414

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
fuk u jeff GIRTHman u ruined my life

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
The only Zelda I played is Twilight Princess (also the only Final Fantasy I played is 13). I didn't get very far in it though.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
"Jeff Girthmann" still makes me legit lmao

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
wind waker is a tough act to follow

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
it was really boring but still better than the disaster that was skyward sword.

really lets be fair though, the only properly good 3d zelda was majora's mask

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
midna, holding a packet of mayo, punches link in the stomach

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Hog Butcher posted:

wind waker is a tough act to follow

makes me want an open world zelda as big as skyrim with as much dumb content thrown in

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Slanderer posted:

fuk u jeff GIRTHman u ruined my life

this was a magical night on the internet

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I never had a N64 so all the 'best' zeldas feel really antiquated to me, I couldn't get into wind waker for reasons I forgot and I don't own any handhelds so yeah twilight princess is my favorite

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Ekster posted:

I never had a N64 so all the 'best' zeldas feel really antiquated to me, I couldn't get into wind waker for reasons I forgot and I don't own any handhelds so yeah twilight princess is my favorite

hahaha, lol

shaming the og tag lmao

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
Twilight isn't the best and was certainly flawed but it had some good poo poo. Some of the good poo poo:

-Dungeons (mansion and the desert place fuckin ruled)
-Learning cool attacks from ghost skeleton who is possibly OoT Link??? Shield bashing is so awesome
-Sword fighting on horseback
-There's a few long rear end optional caverns that are fun to explore
-Dual wielding claw shots
-Fishing girl descended from OoT fishing guy
-Part where you can cut a spit pig in half and get a piece of heart
-Zant snapping Ganon's neck at the end

A lot of people have problems with it (like the longass intro) that are justified but it's worth remembering the cool parts

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Slanderer posted:

makes me want an open world zelda as big as skyrim with as much dumb content thrown in

someone recreated Windfall Island in Skyrim

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Heavy Lobster posted:

so I can laugh at you, hahaha, lol. Way to value bloat and interminably long sequences of no gameplay for minimal story in your video games. :cheers:

Dam

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Action Tortoise posted:

someone recreated Windfall Island in Skyrim

So it lost all charm and substance?

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

FauxGateau posted:

So it lost all charm and substance?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i thought twilight princess was pretty good and i dont understand all of the hate it gets

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Kewpuh posted:

i thought twilight princess was pretty good and i dont understand all of the hate it gets

Basically it was one of the first games Nintendo had put an honest-to-god hype train behind in ages instead of doing their pretty passive Nintendo marketing, and then it turned out to be a mostly-uninspired retread that took all the already strained aspects of the series (increasingly long expositions, dungeon items that had little use outside of their dungeons) and made them even worse. That being said,

Bruce Boxliker posted:

Twilight isn't the best and was certainly flawed but it had some good poo poo. Some of the good poo poo:

-Dungeons (mansion and the desert place fuckin ruled)
-Learning cool attacks from ghost skeleton who is possibly OoT Link??? Shield bashing is so awesome
-Sword fighting on horseback
-There's a few long rear end optional caverns that are fun to explore
-Dual wielding claw shots
-Fishing girl descended from OoT fishing guy
-Part where you can cut a spit pig in half and get a piece of heart
-Zant snapping Ganon's neck at the end

A lot of people have problems with it (like the longass intro) that are justified but it's worth remembering the cool parts

all this is true and when the game does shine it shines pretty well. It's just that the game was mostly a love letter to OoT but instead of looking at how OoT had aged and saying, "hmm, maybe we should fix this," Nintendo said, "on current gen tech, we can do all these things but like 10 times more of it!"

Twilight Princess is OK to good, but this thread is for making fun of nerds who settle for OK to good.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

skyward sword was obviously superior :cool:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
the ice mansion thing was a really awesome dungeon

also this is a really awesome post

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3646929&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post431588476

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

skyward sword was obviously superior :cool:

This but unironically.

Thanks Kewps! :cheers:

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Kewpuh posted:

the ice mansion thing was a really awesome dungeon

also this is a really awesome post

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3646929&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post431588476

yes that was a good post

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

twilight princess was the first zelda game i owned and played all the way through. i bought it at the same time i bought my wii and i thought it was pretty good at the time. it still is pretty good even today but not as good as some other zelda games, but i think playing it first made it more interesting to me since i wasn't familiar with a lot of things that it did the same as ocarina of time.

That said i have a really hard time remembering much about it so

also midna is cool

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i don't remember a whole lot from twilight princess, but i do remember that one item that was like a spinning gear that you could surf on?

i thought that was a really cool item even if it wasn't useful a lot of the time it was just cool

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

I enjoyed twilight princess, but the only impression I still have of it is that the dungeons seemed shorter and easier as the game progressed. Didn't seem to have any lasting appeal and I've never been tempted to find a copy so I can play it again.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

That part where that moblin was haulin rear end after that kid and it was in slowmo and his warthog was all slobberin, that poo poo was off the chain

americong
May 29, 2013

I liked skyward sword, especially how open it felt

I didn't mind that a lot of the openness was kind empty, just like how I loved having so much fuckin' sea to roam around in in wind waker

not my fav though

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I liked that weird bit in Twilight Princess you know what I'm talking about

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
twilight princess is my favorite little pony haha naw actually I don't even know what you're talking about. it's a Zelda game evidently. Well, have a great evening.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Anime Device posted:

I liked that weird bit in Twilight Princess you know what I'm talking about

Yeah, I know that part

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I like how Twilight Princess dealt with your eventual Bill Gates wealth.

An armor made of gold that bled rupees.
That armor looked boss and should come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Flynn Taggart posted:

That part where that moblin was haulin rear end after that kid and it was in slowmo and his warthog was all slobberin, that poo poo was off the chain

it was bad

• Locked thread