Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

soldier of FORTRAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it took me a while to get b/c i pronounce the other one as initials, not a word, but yeah it's pro level

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

two of the most common low-level communication protocols used between microcontrollers are Serial Peripheral Interface and Inter-Integrated Circuit, abbreviated SPI and I2C respectively. some people pronounce SPI as "spy." The Spy Who Loved Me is a James Bond film.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you know that's literally who the bluetooth protocol is named after right

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

duckfarts posted:

I just now understood how the full name of Nero Burning ROM works

i just realized last week that "rubber soul", by the beatles, is a pun on "rubber sole", like on a shoe

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

George posted:

did you know that beatles is a pun on beetles and beats

As a matter of fact I did, and I also know that it's a reference to Buddy Holly's band, the crickets

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pocawhocares

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol, took me a minute but that's clever

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Thank you

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Agile Vector posted:

the hard-g boys

, notorious enemies of

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

peepsalot posted:

Teddy Fluxpen

lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I'm not sure I get that dead tigger one unless it's rhyming slang for what I think it is

here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1-1dUbBjgE

quentin tarantino really wanted to say the n word so he wrote himself a character who says it a lot BUT IT'S OKAY because this character in the show has a (unseen) black wife!!!! and you know who likes to say the n word a lot: people with a bunch of black relatives

can't stand quentin tarantino. ugh

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Colonel Taint posted:

Leet Harvey Oswald

lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i am on the school network so i am NOT looking it up, but imagine if i posted the tweet where the guy's like

"i don't know what yiff or yaoi or shota are but i'd guess things said by an excited cowboy"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

carry on then posted:

ciudad warez

holy poo poo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

eh i knew a guy in high school who pronounced it exactly that way, like juarez, so it works for me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

peepsalot posted:

Gene Hackman
but like as a genetic engineer

"Genehack Man"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Perplx posted:

Al Gore Rhythms