Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Andre Rison abused a girl who burned his house down by accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Probably shouldn't bring in girlfriends 'cuz I don't think anyone's going to top Steve McNair's.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I'm not very fluent in the whole TMZ scene. :shrug:

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Nominating Jim Irsay for the owner position.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Junior Seau shot a man

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I don't know if Jerramy Stevens ever missed time

Leonard Little

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
We should drop the missed time requirement so we can have John Riggins hit on supreme court justices, play poker in a storage unit, then pass out on his back in the lockerroom just in time to piss straight into the air and all over himself.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Manti te'o has a made up girlfriend.

Herschel Walker had multiple personalities and doesn't remember playing in Minnesota.

Sean Gilbert held out because god told him to.

Mark Brunell played on a torn acl because god told him to, and later went broke investing in a scam Christian movie studio.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Intruder posted:

Leonard Little

He wasn't crazy. He just killed someone while drunk driving.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Comfortador posted:

Bah I'm an idiot. There was a shitload of Ryan Leaf.

How about Jovan Belcher?

Yeah, without question Jovan Belcher. He missed the most significant play time of all.

I am also seconding Vick for QB.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Who's blocking for Ricky Williams on the edge?

Mark Chmura, that's who.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, without question Jovan Belcher. He missed the most significant play time of all.

I was going to say not as much as his kid, but then I remember his girlfriend wasn't pregnant and he didn't kill his child. :sigh: Missed opportunity.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Petite Dinklage posted:

Who's blocking for Ricky Williams on the edge?

Mark Chmura, that's who.

:golfclap:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Cris Carter also told the Browns to cut Josh Gordon because of :420:.

Dude loves grand gestures.

He's got a pretty big case of confirmation bias factoring in.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

I was going to say not as much as his kid, but then I remember his girlfriend wasn't pregnant and he didn't kill his child. :sigh: Missed opportunity.

Been trying to reply to this in a funny way, so as to further the joke. There so much dark humor that could be thrown around here... but I went as far as I was willing to go with it in the first post.

That story is tragic as gently caress.

rappinrodney.ogg
Apr 24, 2009
Nominating Todd Marinovich for backup/QB coach. The man nearly set a single game record for touchdowns while high on coke, suffering from heroin withdrawal and literally soiling his uniform.

edit: beaten

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Shath Hole posted:

Junior Seau shot a man

love it.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Shath Hole posted:

Junior Seau shot a man

YES

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Jeff Alm committed suicide after being involved in a car accident where his friend died in front of him (Supposedly his gay lover). He was in his 2nd (?) year year on the Houston Oilers.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
it's not crazy to do drugs or commit suicide

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

football fuckerman posted:

it's not crazy to do drugs or commit suicide

For doing drugs, its not crazy. It is considered a mental health problem if you can't not do drugs, which is why people like Josh Gordon and Aldon are on the list.

Suicidal ideation, attempt, or success, by definition, are mental health disorders.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Koren Robinson literally drank his way out of the league, if you're still looking for WRs to fill out the roster.

Also, who was that one linebacker who quit football to play video games all day? He belongs on this list.

Double edit: It was Quinn Pitcock http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8108006/quinn-pitcock-video-game-addiction-masked-deeper-issues

quote:

Pitcock showed some promise as an NFL rookie, appearing in nine games and starting one. But even though he positioned himself for significant playing time his second season, he retired before the start of training camp in 2008.

"It was a rash decision," he said. "As soon as I made it, I wanted to play right away, but I was scared they didn't want me back."

Free from football, things really got bad. Pitcock was playing Xbox online up to 18 hours a day and sleeping for maybe five or six hours. His drug of choice was "Call of Duty," whose franchise has generated $6 billion worldwide. He lost touch with friends. He ignored his family when they tried to reach out to him. He became a complete hermit.

Benne fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 11, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I can't figure out if Albert Haynesworth should count or not. Was anything wrong with him other than greed and laziness?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5nlEA8BUTQ

Does Dwayne Goodrich count? He killed 2 people who were trying to rescue someone from a burning car.

Aerial Tollhouse
Feb 17, 2011
If we're talking about drug fueled trainwrecks, Dexter Manley is a solid choice.

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED
How about that guy who missed out on being drafted cause he hosed his sister?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5497517

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

smokyprogg posted:

How about that guy who missed out on being drafted cause he hosed his sister?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5497517

That article is trying really hard to make me give a poo poo about a guy who hosed his sister.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
CB: Darryl Henley

"Henley is currently serving a 41-year prison sentence for trafficking cocaine and attempting to murder the judge and a witness from his trial by hiring contract killers."

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Benne posted:

Koren Robinson literally drank his way out of the league, if you're still looking for WRs to fill out the roster.

Also, who was that one linebacker who quit football to play video games all day? He belongs on this list.

Double edit: It was Quinn Pitcock http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8108006/quinn-pitcock-video-game-addiction-masked-deeper-issues

I wonder which goon this is.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

CB: Darryl Henley

"Henley is currently serving a 41-year prison sentence for trafficking cocaine and attempting to murder the judge and a witness from his trial by hiring contract killers."

Yep. This guy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

swickles posted:

Suicidal ideation, attempt, or success, by definition, are mental health disorders.

Yeah, but they're a little more serious and sobering. This isn't some guy getting hosed up on heroin and then barfing into someone else's mouth, it's a serious disease that can have serious consequences.

Plus they can't play on an All Time Team if they're dead. :v:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
As head couch I promise to bring cut up straws and firm metal coke cutting credit cards. Nothing breaks up a gram like an Amex centurion eh LT?!

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Do we need another WR? What's Sam Hurd up to these days?

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

Pacman Jones circa 2007.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Ray Lewis obviously.

Does LT count as crazy?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Cole posted:

Does LT count as crazy?

Depends on how much coke he's had.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Justin Blackmon is yet another WR to add to the list.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
We're gonna need to convert some of these bigger WR's to TE, there's too drat many bat-poo poo crazy Wide-outs.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

We're gonna need to convert some of these bigger WR's to TE, there's too drat many bat-poo poo crazy Wide-outs.

I can already hear Jimmy Graham laughing at the pay cuts they'll have to take.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fenrir posted:

I can already hear Jimmy Graham laughing at the pay cuts they'll have to take.

If he cackles enough like the a mad hatter, we can work him out for the Cray Crays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
WR Albert Connell had a five year, 14 million dollar contract, yet ended his career by stealing $863 from Deuce McAllister's locker and $3500 from his car.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/17/sports/pro-football-inside-the-nfl-theft-by-teammates-is-a-troubling-issue.html

Maybe more stupid than crazy, but still.

• Locked thread