Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
:siren:THREAD RULE: DO NOT USE ANY VERSION OF THE PHRASE FROLF MEANS FROG GOLF.:siren:

Gif by [Redacted] <3~

Hi I'm [Redacted] and today we're gonna video games co-starring lp sexhouse and me, [Redacted]!

Ribbit King is a game originally developed for the PSOne in 2000 and later revamped and ported to PS2 and GameCube (The one we're playing). The objective of Ribbit King is to hit frogs with mallets and make them fly into a hole with a gem floating over it while also ensuring the frogs ultimate demise in various forms of physical and mental torture such as soap bubbles, webs, mammoths, and snakes! The goal of the game is for Scooter (Our "HERO") to compete in this bloodsport for the prize, Super Ribbinite, which is coincidentally the lifesource of his home planet.

So join me, [Redacted] (Plus other assorted assholes) in protest of this horrible sport that is torturing the very foundation of an entire species of beautiful creatures.

I saw a balloon fly over my house today, it was nice.
My existence is a mockery of your stupid loving "artform"

Pins fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jul 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhumbus
May 11, 2009
It is so beautiful.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Remember everyone, keep your hands inside the ride at all times, we're in for a bumpy one.

Seiphied
Jul 19, 2013
I'm not sure what I just watched, but I'm sure that it won't make any more sense in the future so that's okay.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
:stare:

Well okay then.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

~A-a h-h-hentai? W-w-w-with me senpai?~ :nyoron:
Wow!

Thanks for having me guest in your first Let's Play Pins. It was a blast!
This game looks real neat and I'm glad you chose to Let's Play this game as your first Let's Play.

I wonder what you'll do for your second game? Hopefully it's something equally as cool, Like Asura's Wrath, Or Beyond: Two Souls.
Personally, I hope you do a Let's Play on Max Payne 3. I think that would be a great time!

Welcome to the sub-forum.
And best of luck!

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Xumtosis posted:

Wow!

Thanks for having me guest in your first Let's Play Pins. It was a blast!
This game looks real neat and I'm glad you chose to Let's Play this game as your first Let's Play.

I wonder what you'll do for your second game? Hopefully it's something equally as cool, Like Asura's Wrath, Or Beyond: Two Souls.
Personally, I hope you do a Let's Play on Max Payne 3. I think that would be a great time!

Welcome to the sub-forum.
And best of luck!

Hey thanks a ton, man! Max Payne 3 sounds like a game i could see myself LPing (Let's Playing)! Thanks for joining me. I think im really gonna love it here (:

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
i'm the first person in this thread saying that frolf means frog golf :regd08: :regd08: :regd08:

ok ciao

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

darealkooky posted:

i'm the first person in this thread saying that [Redacted] means [Redacted] [Redacted] :regd08: :regd08: :regd08:

ok ciao

Ban this sick filth

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

darealkooky posted:

i'm the first person in this thread saying that means frog golf :regd08: :regd08: :regd08:

ok ciao

Not really sure what that means but thanks!!!

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

darealkooky posted:

i'm the first person in this thread saying that i love horses :regd08: :regd08: :regd08:

ok ciao

I'm very proud of you!

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I had a joke i wanted to make, but it appears to have already been made.

also why.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

darealkooky posted:

i'm the first person in this thread saying that frolf means frog golf :regd08: :regd08: :regd08:

ok ciao

What on earth are you even talking about

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
I like this game already.

I hope they can get the super ribbinite the king seems really upset.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Hello Pins! I watched your Let's Play, and your commentators have excellent chemistry, but you seem to have a number of technical issues. There is talking over the cutscene, you read the text on screen, and your aspect ratio is just completely wrong. Not to mention that you forgot to reserve a second post in case you need a place to put some fan art! I think you should close the thread and post this in the Let's Play Sandcastle, where helpful forum members can help you get all of these kinks worked out for your Let's Play.

Good luck! I'm happy to see new users contributing excellent content to the Something Awful Let's Play Subforum! :keke:

~ Dish

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
I don't know about any of you guys but I am gettin a weird déjà vu feelin' here for some reason I just cant put my finger on it

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

NextTime000 posted:

I don't know about any of you guys but I am gettin a weird déjà vu feelin' here for some reason I just cant put my finger on it

The recent charity marathon Summer Games Done Quick recently played Ribbit King on bonus stream, where unusualcook, ion, PvtCb and ZachSK were in a 4-way Frolf match! You probably watched the game being played there. Quite a watch. You can catch the VoD here.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I wasn't paying attention at the end of the match, and then I noticed that the commentary was speaking backwards. At first, I thought it was that freaky black thing that was making the noise. I was so freaked out until I realized what was actually happening.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

If I had friends, I would buy this game immediately and play it with them. But since I am efficient, I have skipped to the "no longer has any friends" stage.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
Hi, I'm EntranceJew, and I'm here with my co-commentators, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew and Xumtosis.

Those stories, and Andy Rooney, tonight on 60 Minutes.

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
You ever look at an abstract painting, and you like it, but you know you aren't really appreciating it in the "proper" sense? That's what this feels like.

This LP is probably a joke that's going over my head, but I like it anyway. It's got moxie. Keep up the good work, I guess?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
[redacted]

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Random_Username posted:

You ever look at an abstract painting, and you like it, but you know you aren't really appreciating it in the "proper" sense? That's what this feels like.
Probably not the only thing here in common with Warhol.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

You don't do 'shrooms, do you?

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
After watching this I feel like somewhere there's a demonic incantation written backwards in braille just waiting to be felt.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Level Slide posted:

You don't do 'shrooms, do you?

No way man! Ive never touched an illegal substance in my life! I only get high on life (=

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Pins, will you accept fanart of Ribbit King Golf and the players in this thread?

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Missing Name posted:

Pins, will you accept fanart of Ribbit King Golf and the players in this thread?

Of course! If anyone wants to submit something ill try and figure out how to put it in the first post i made, thanks! (:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
what is a frolf is it something you can eat also can i post my huge forums sig ITT

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

What is happening help me have I gone back in time

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tin Tim posted:

What is happening help me have I gone back in time
It's a game about hitting frogs into holes.

Gamer McBaggin
Oct 13, 2013
Frog golf?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Whoa, let's not go crazy with speculation here.

drifterofhell
Nov 5, 2009
Am... Am I going crazy, or is it just Frolf?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
An old cowpoke went ridin' out one dark and windy day.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

~A-a h-h-hentai? W-w-w-with me senpai?~ :nyoron:
i would just like to say that some of you on the sub-Forum are being very Rude to pins and i dOn't think that's very nice. you all should Learn to be Friendly. Why can't you see that all are welcome In the sub-forum. i don't Like how some of you are Leaning towards being mean. you should show Kindness In the sub-forum and Let all know they are weLcome on the sub-forum for Let's Play.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

If my version of Groundhog Day is a cycle of Frolf threads, then I'm okay with it

Brb, gonna ruin my life now because it restarts at the end of this anyway wheeee :pcgaming:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Tin Tim posted:

If my version of Groundhog Day is a cycle of Frolf threads, then I'm okay with it

Brb, gonna ruin my life now because it restarts at the end of this anyway wheeee :pcgaming:

It's the Circle of Frolf, and it moves us all.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
This game looks fun. Great OP and first video! Looking forward to more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Xumtosis posted:

i would just like to say that some of you on the sub-Forum are being very Rude to pins and i dOn't think that's very nice. you all should Learn to be Friendly. Why can't you see that all are welcome In the sub-forum. i don't Like how some of you are Leaning towards being mean. you should show Kindness In the sub-forum and Let all know they are weLcome on the sub-forum for Let's Play.
I don't think you Should try Ever to shame Everyone like that. We Have A right To prove that we can handle Your Own Unique style of video before you Deem It a Desperate cause. That's the only Honorable way, to deal with Each Reply in turn, rather than condemn almost Everyone with a general statement.

also Frog golf is Unusual and Cool and i Keenly look forward to Your Other Unusual videos.

• Locked thread