Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

everyone has parts of various mario games they absolutely love, and things i am sure they absolutely hate. i wanna know what would make the perfect mario sequel for the members here in imp zone.

i would personally absolutely love if they would make basically a speedrun mario, taking the levels from mario sunshine where you are floating in space without the fludd to assist you, and have no power ups, just your triple jump, your wall jump and your punch and crouch. i really enjoyed the gameplay the fludd added but my absolute favorite part of sunshine has always been those levels, and i would just love a plain platforming return to roots mario, although i guess its even more extreme than a return to roots, because like i said i want something with zero powerups. mario 3d land and world were both really cool and definitely gave me some excellent platforming, but they were also isometric and that occasionally got on my nerves. i would just like a regular manual camera or one that follows a little behind me, preferably being carried by a lakitu. so what do you all want from the next inevitable mario game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

an open world where he can run down goombas with his mario kart. it would also have tennis and golf and third person shooting with many gibs and arterial spray

here's my script for a cutscene

LUIGI: That's sick, Mario! You could have killed that innocent goomba!
MARIO: There are no innocents in this war, brother.
He kicks the twitching goomba over to reveal a bom-omb strapped to the bottom of it.
LUIGI: Aaahhh!
MARIO: Calm down!
He flicks his knife open, we dwell on the finely polished edge. He stabs it deep into the back of the goomba, who begins screaming in agony. Blood immediately squirts out of him like bright red diahorrea. The fuse is quickly doused by his blood.
LUIGI's face darkens with sadness as he now understands the true nature of his brother. MARIO catches his expression.
MARIO: You jump higher because you don't have reality weighing you down. I protected you from it, every chance I could. But now you're going to have to learn yourself, Lu. Or you aren't going to make it.
He offers the bloody knife. LUIGI stares at it, eyes unfocused. Then he makes a decision, closes his eyes and is about to move when he is interrupted by his PHONE, ringing. He answers it.
WALUIGI: Luigi, it'sa me, Waluigi, your cousin! You wanna go bowling?

chaosbreather fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 10, 2014

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

seriouspost:

Mario 64 spliced into a SMW3 structure.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
i wouldn't mind another sunshine-esque game as long as there's no blue coin bullshit.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

AHungryRobot posted:

i wouldn't mind another sunshine-esque game as long as there's no blue coin bullshit.

Sunshine's similar to Luigi's Mansion in that I think it'd be a much better game if it WASN'T a mario game.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
i don't really give a gently caress who the player character is as long as i get to be a janitor in isle delfino again

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks

ForeverSmug posted:

seriouspost:

Mario 64 spliced into a SMW3 structure.
this is mario 3d world, a good game

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

basically wii sports resort except with mario and the crew and mario party-esque mini games

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Smeego posted:

this is mario 3d world, a good game

i want it

and land

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

One with a structure similar to SM3 or SMW and uses 2D sprites, none of that 3D bullshit.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

drat sorry about your av qn

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
If we're talking total fantasy that would never happen then new paper mario game or mario kart with a playable geno. That or a wiiu game where tablet player is bowser and gets to spawn enemies/traps to crush the other players ala some sort of dungeon master game.

Realistically tho a mario 2 style game with mario 3 style overworked (and can swap characters between levels)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

exmorte posted:

If we're talking total fantasy that would never happen then new paper mario game or mario kart with a playable geno. That or a wiiu game where tablet player is bowser and gets to spawn enemies/traps to crush the other players ala some sort of dungeon master game.

Realistically tho a mario 2 style game with mario 3 style overworked (and can swap characters between levels)

the new mario party is actually kind of like what you mentioned with the tablet being bowser, although not a la dungeon master, just that it is one vs four and the tablet player is always bowser vs the others

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Minority here I guess but I'm looking forward to the next Galaxy hopefully without lovely motion stuff tacked on

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Widestancer posted:

Minority here I guess but I'm looking forward to the next Galaxy hopefully without lovely motion stuff tacked on

oh i absolutely loved galaxy and would love a direct sequel, im just curious about what people want that is probably never going to happen basically

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Oil Can Boyd posted:

oh i absolutely loved galaxy and would love a direct sequel, im just curious about what people want that is probably never going to happen basically

Oh in that case a sequel to Mario Teaches Typing

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
well if that mario maker game comes out i am hands down buying a wiiu and transplanting my badly drawn ideas from when i was nine and had just finished SMB3 to reality. i may even post a few pictures of just how loving ridiculous there are here in the imp zone

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Super Mario Bros. 3 Part 2

Dec 26, 2012

a 2d mario, preferably closer to 3 but world would be fine, made with modern tech that isnt half-assed nsmb poo poo. just put at least as much effort as they did into the galaxy games. thats all

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

CaptainYesterday posted:

Super Mario Bros. 3 Part 2

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

I haven't played some of the newer games, but I kind of miss the games having platforming that was somewhat difficult. Not romhack bullshit difficulty, but it feels like other than going for poo poo like special coins most of the games are almost impossible to fail at. It may be that I was young when they were new, but I remember Mario 3 and Super Mario World actually having levels that were hard just to beat, without needing the "collect coins to unlock poo poo" gimmick.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

01011001 posted:

a 2d mario, preferably closer to 3 but world would be fine, made with modern tech that isnt half-assed nsmb poo poo. just put at least as much effort as they did into the galaxy games. thats all

Same, but I'd want it to have 4 players coop like the new ones, that was the best part of NSMB Wii

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Super Mario RPG 2, Paper Mario is an unacceptable alternative.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

New Super Mario Bros 2 should've been a 4 player version of Super Mario 2 with shyguys and vegetables and everything rather than the coin collecting thing it was.

Dec 26, 2012

Falsum posted:

Same, but I'd want it to have 4 players coop like the new ones, that was the best part of NSMB Wii

that would be fine yeah

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Frank Horrigan posted:

Super Mario RPG 2, Paper Mario is an unacceptable alternative.

came here to post this, even though the first two paper marios were really quite good, SMRPG deserves a spiritual sequel

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the mario and luigi games are pretty much exactly that, spiritual sequels to super mario rpg, much more so i would say than paper mario, hell one of them had an incredibly insulting cameo from geno even

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
mario is bland endlessly regurgitated vomit and should die

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
a mainline mario 3d platformer where you can play as daisy, too

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

basically like mario 2 but in 3d and with more characters

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Silver Alicorn posted:

basically like mario 2 but in 3d and with more characters

so mario 3d world?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

isn't that just mario, luigi, toad, peach? I'm talking about daisy too and waluigi or whoever is fotm

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Silver Alicorn posted:

isn't that just mario, luigi, toad, peach? I'm talking about daisy too and waluigi or whoever is fotm

oh drat now youre just being crazy why not include wart as well for cryin out loyd

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Mario Heroes, like Sonic Heroes but with a bunch of different Mario characters and also not terrible just to drive the final nail into the Sonic coffin

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Mario Heroes, like Sonic Heroes but with a bunch of different Mario characters and also not terrible just to drive the final nail into the Sonic coffin
Imagine playing as Birdo and shooting eggs at every last motherfucker in the Mushroom Kingdom while Donkey Kong backs her up with the fist metal crackle

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Mario Warriors

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im down with marriors if its got tatanga, captain syrup and the foreman from wrecking crew

e: stanley the bugman

quakster fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 11, 2014

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Super Mario 3d world

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I didn't think Galaxy had tacked on motion control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

But yes, please make a new Galaxy, or at least HD versions of 1 & 2.

• Locked thread