Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Video games are often not like real life.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

lol in runescape you can eat sharks like in 1 second flat lol

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I was playing Doom earlier and I could get shot more than once without dying. What the gently caress?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

How many bodies could YOU stuff in your bag in Ultima?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
In Mass Effect 2, all the aliens, robots and ladies want to sleep with Commander Shepard, whereas in real life I'm shunned by society in large, and women in particular.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

I much more prefer 3rd-person view so I can pretend I'm a spirit from another world controlling the thoughts and actions of a man whilst flying a yard above and behind him. It makes sense.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

there is no sound in space guys okay

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Ema Nymton posted:

I much more prefer 3rd-person view so I can pretend I'm a spirit from another world controlling the thoughts and actions of a man whilst flying a yard above and behind him. It makes sense.

same but in fallout.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

In Mass Effect 2, all the aliens, robots and ladies want to sleep with Commander Shepard, whereas in real life I'm shunned by society in large, and women in particular.

Another unrealistic standard for men.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

on the rare occasion I see a real life woman they never look like the hot babes from dead or alive and I am thoroughly disappointed every single time

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Ekster posted:

on the rare occasion I see a real life woman they never look like the hot babes from dead or alive and I am thoroughly disappointed every single time

i walked into the soapland district, entering the nearest rubdown parlor. i glance at the secretary behind the counter, lowering my kamina shades a bit so we can meet eye to eye.

she gives me a knowing smile. "i'm here for the dead or alive special," i quip.

the secretary blushes and nods, standing up to reveal toned abs. as i am suplexed into the floor i think, "yes. this is what i wanted all along"

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

it really bothers me when a game is first person but doesn't show your legs.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

like hello, of course i have legs, what am i, some kinda ghost?????

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Excels posted:

like hello, of course i have legs, what am i, some kinda ghost?????

but what if you were? and that was the twist.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

think i saw a movie like this once

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

it's never the twist

one time it was, but nobody remembers.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

I liked how in Morrowind the 1st person view was the regular "you can see your forearms and hands and gear" but then in the 3rd person view your character actually walked with their arms unnaturally high up with all their stuff in front of their face like some kind of horribly posed mannequin

very immersive

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

In mario games you jump on a koopa troopa'S head and he falls down through the ground wtf how is that even possible

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
it takes like three days travel to go from the yucatan to havana via boat, what the gently caress ubisoft you should fact check assassin's creed more.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
double jumps

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

how come rocks float in minecraft? its nuts i tell ya

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
how the gently caress did dr light know where to hide the upgrade capsules for X?

and how did he hide one in an airport that was't even planned when he was alive?? oh and the one in the moving dinosaur tank... how?!!!

Dec 26, 2012

zen death robot posted:

━━━━━┒
┓┏┓┏┓┃MY SUBMERSION!
┛┗┛┗┛┃\○/
┓┏┓┏┓┃ /
┛┗┛┗┛┃ノ)
┓┏┓┏┓┃
┛┗┛┗┛┃
┓┏┓┏┓┃
┛┗┛┗┛┃
┓┏┓┏┓┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃
┻┻┻┻┻┻~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
In Space Engine I go faster than the speed of light but time won't revert like in superman immersion broken, gently caress space engine

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

program666 posted:

In Space Engine I go faster than the speed of light but time won't revert like in superman immersion broken, gently caress space engine

Same but in Big Rigs

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the xcom interceptor let's play was pretty good because of things like this

all missiles fired had a set speed they were at that wasn't affected by yours so you could fire a missile and have it instantly rearend you

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
in morrowind every single drug is directly stacking so you can drink a billion sujamma (more strength less intelligence if you had to read this you are a loving scrub get out) and punch the world in half but not understand what you're doing because you have 0 intelligence

what doesn't make sense is that every other game doesn't let you do this with medicines and potions and stuff

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the one thing i don't understand about games

is why they own so much

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
cant help but shake my dang head whenever I see my video game character sink into lava instead of igniting and staying on the surface.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

program666 posted:

have you considered that you are just altering your perception of time and are actually traveling at sublight speeds? Check your desk, do any of the things there seem like they have thousands of years ago turned to dust? that would be a big clue

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Video games are often not like real life.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

In pong the paddles make the same noise each time they hit the ball

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
In games my character can run forever when irl i can run for like 5 seconds before I pass out

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i didn't think anything of the fact that dead people's bodies just disappear moments after they die, but then i actually killed someone

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Spanish Manlove posted:

it takes like three days travel to go from the yucatan to havana via boat, what the gently caress ubisoft you should fact check assassin's creed more.

The map used to be pretty much the same but bigger, but then there was a whole lotta nothing and it was boring. Then it was super small, but for the loading to catch up, the boats had to move at a snail's pace. The final size was months of experimentation.

There you go, uninteresting first hand account information

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Saints Row IV is ridiculous. I mean come on, they expect me to believe in Santa. :rolleyes:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
in eye: divine cybermancy you can press a button which makes you jump higher than usual

hhaha okay eye yeah that's totally how jumping works and isn't total malarkey :rolleye:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
FF6:

Me: Hang on Kefka. I need to kill these dinosaurs for a few months
Kefka: Ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
In Zelda zelda never goes to bathroom while he runs around in green skirt, why???

• Locked thread