Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

but what about in that pokemon game for gamecube where you steal pokemans from other trainers using a big gay arm thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Soral posted:

but what about in that pokemon game for gamecube where you steal pokemans from other trainers using a big gay arm thing

you were 'saving' them by changing their artificially imposed nature. also you looked like a amazing douche in both those games. but that's a story for another day.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
that game was cool

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
pokemon is just legalized dogfighting

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
the guy who invented pokemon used to catch bugs and make them fight, that's why there's so many bug pokemon

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
imagine if bugs were that big IRL though. it just doesn't make sense, biologically

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
actually everything else is small. that's why pokemon games are mainly on handhelds; they are displaying the fantastical world of pokemon at a 1:1 scale

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
but when I emulate it on my 20" display everything is bigger, check and mate

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

Silver Alicorn posted:

imagine if bugs were that big IRL though. it just doesn't make sense, biologically

:cry:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Poonerman posted:

pokemon is just legalized dogfighting

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Excels posted:

why didn't someone just use a loving phoenix down on aerith. it was the biggest gameplay-narrative dissonance ever

i liked how in ffiv when the twins turn themselves to stone to hold back the walls your dude tries to cost a soft spell on them.

it didn't work but it was still cool they acknowledged that there is like a spell to cast in situations like that.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i liked how in ffiv when the twins turn themselves to stone to hold back the walls your dude tries to cost a soft spell on them.

it didn't work but it was still cool they acknowledged that there is like a spell to cast in situations like that.

Surprisingly in a game full of dumb stuff happening that's pretty clever that they acknowledge that.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

How does pacman eat so much without dying? I can understand ghosts not filling him up because they're not real. Does he throw up between rounds or are the next rounds balls actually his poop and he's caught in purgatory awaiting seeing miss pacman get poop cuckolded? I have wondered this for years. Thanks for your time.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Mr. Pumroy posted:

the one thing i don't understand about games

is why they own so much

This but "I" instead of "they"

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i liked how in ffiv when the twins turn themselves to stone to hold back the walls your dude tries to cast a soft spell on them.

unironically this is heartwarming :unsmith: in a weird way.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
if yoshi is male then why does he lay eggs

surc
Aug 17, 2004

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

if yoshi is male then why does he lay eggs

patriarchy naturally assigns a pronoun based on preconceived gender roles when faced with an asexually reproductive creature.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

surc posted:

patriarchy naturally assigns a pronoun based on preconceived gender roles when faced with an asexually reproductive creature.

Fly away troll we're talking about real issues here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Birdo as a whole does not make sense

• Locked thread