Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Nawid posted:

Oakland took ten years to decide on a dog park (they finally said no recently). No loving way anything gets done there.

This is the most ridiculous goddamn thing I have ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Bort Bortles posted:

Richmond
Raleigh

The Carolina Panthers are too close to have a team in Raleigh. Could Richmond really support a team? I hope they don't expand.

Toaster Beef posted:

'Traveling for business' sounded awesome when I first got hired at the last place I was in, but four years later I was ready to hurl myself into traffic whenever I had to travel somewhere.
Man this is the truest thing ever. I remember in college 'traveling for work' sounded so loving awesome, but by the time I was in my 90th windowless conference room with 3 other people and eating at Chili's for the 5th straight day because 'everyone can agree on it' I wanted to grab the steering wheel and aim for the nearest tree.

To all you young guys about to graduate college, don't do it!

edit

I think the real problem with an international franchise is not the game travel, it is living in another country. Look how much trouble the Toronto Raptors have and Toronto may as well be in America distance wise. It is the currency problems, exchange rate, tax issues, etc.

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 3, 2014

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, man, like... 0 companies venture into international markets because currency exchange rates and regional taxation are a giant morass of numbers. :pseudo:

drat the Supreme Court was right, companies and individuals are the same!

When IBM opens an office in Munich it doesn't ship an office full of people from Toledo there

edit
I thought about how the NHL does not have trouble, but under 20% of the league is American anyway (according to Google) so it is not really the same situation

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 3, 2014

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I thought you had to be a big city to have an NFL team. People are tossing around Mobile and Charleston. Neither even break 200k. Richmond barely does (if it even does, I don't know). Little Rock, are you serious?
Raleigh is half a million (double all those cities), has a good economy, and I would not think we would have a chance at a team, and that is before factoring in the Carolina Panthers.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Green Bay Wisconsin

Teams who started out when the NFL was the employees at the local meat packing factory battling the guys from the steel mill down the road do not count.

• Locked thread