Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I really want someone to build some kind of version of this stadium, which is perfect for cities with baseball and football teams.

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2012-07/change-venue

edit: Not even on the water, but have a big rear end field around which you can rotate sections of the stands so that way you avoid the dirt of baseball. Its like opening a dome, but instead your are just turning a section or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

The Rams had two problems which caused them to leave. The first is that they played in a 100k stadium and the games wouldn't air on TV unless it was sold out. The caused them to move and led to the 2nd being that they moved to Anaheim which is an hour away from LA. I'm not surprised no one attended their games.

The Raiders should move back to LA. I just hope that they somehow get Farmer's Field open and not that terrible stadium idea off the 57/60 interchange.

Too bad they didn't have tarp technology back then.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

USC rules, go Trojans

Normally I would disagree, but how can you root against a team that leaves Kiffin at the airport after firing him in the middle of the night?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Sash! posted:

The average NFL city has a metro population around three million, so NYC should have six teams.

I started to ponder the issue of where teams could go if they wanted to go up to 40 and all I can think is 1) San Antonio isn't bad, 2) Virginia Beach is probably wiser than Richmond, and 3) the South needs a city that's not Atlanta for a major city.

Instead of the New England Patriots just have the Deep South Rebels. Use the confederate flag and everything and its still not the most offensive team in the league.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Volkerball posted:

Any team in Europe is going to be screwed travelling back and forth all the time, and no one is going to want to sign with them, so it's really a pipe dream that will never happen. And if it did, it would take massive subsidies and still be a disaster.

Maybe this is the final push we need to develop Star Trek transporter technology.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Sash! posted:

Tidewater Ironclads would sound awesome and have lots of logo options, but is way too...well obscure isn't the right word. People just don't know what an ironclad was.

Well, not all of us have seen them built in person.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I would never have thought that since its population has halved since the 80s

Unlike a lot of the rust belt, Pittsburgh has successfully reinvented itself as a hub of banking and finance, bio-tech, and other health care industries.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

MrLogan posted:

And panhandling. I get asked for money more often in any weekend in Pittsburgh than I do in DC in a month.

Sash! posted:

I was never asked for money once from 1986 to 2003 or 2007 to 2010.

I'm up to four today alone in DC.

Are you dressed like the monopoly guy because you might be asking for it

For real, having lived in both cities I have never seen a panhandler in Pittsburgh but have seen a ton in DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

Sign Rally Possum as a dual sports star, start him and Kickoff Pidgeon at WR.

Raiders go 12-2.

What happens the other two games?

• Locked thread