Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Volkerball posted:

When the NFL expands to Europe, they'll move to Italy and be the Tuscan Raiders.

I support this proposal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bort Bortles posted:

The league is too balanced right now to add anything but 8 teams. There are two conferences each with 16 teams that are divided into 4 divisions with 4 teams each. If they want to maintain that fantastic balance and exceptional (in my opinion) scheduling streamlining they have to add 8 teams and to add 2 more divisions to each conference, then add 1 game to the schedule to account for that. However, adding 8 teams would arguably dilute both the coaching and player talent pretty badly.

OK then: Hawaii, London, San Antonio, Oakland/St. Louis (Raiders/Rams go back to LA in trade), Oklahoma City, Germany, Toronto, Salt Lake City.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 30, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Leperflesh posted:

There's room. I think you could put teams in oklahoma city, phoenix, salt lake city, raleigh, los angeles (maybe two teams there), portland, sacramento, maybe memphis or little rock, boston, columbus, and hell, let's also do toronto and montreal (canadian rules football is weird but there are fans of it in canada who would probably watch NFL style football).

I don't see a Sacramento team being able to attract and hold a fanbase. Everyone there is already either a Niners or a Raiders fan.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Leperflesh posted:

Also, like the Raiders, the Kings were badly in need of a new facility. It's hard to convince people to pay money to go hang out at a shithole on sunday afternoon.

Didn't stop Niners fans all those years.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Leperflesh posted:

Well it stopped me!

The last time I went to a game (of any sport) at Candlestick was in the 1980s.

Shame on you. I was there for the Monday Night Blackout Bowl against Pittsburgh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Those are expensive loving crab cakes

We don't all live on the coast.

• Locked thread